0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website Review: Thanks

Hi could I please get a review for www.findagrind.ie

I completely redesigned the site to improve the useability

as my target audience is between 14-45. I know it's not

amazing or anything and I need to work on the header (suggestions

are welcome) but I am happy enough with the overall useability.

Anyway all critisim is welcome

Cheers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usablilty seems ok to me but the blue nd the orange I do not think the compliment one another. I think the blue is too bright and orange duller. Picking a darer blue migght help the visual appeal a bit. Just a thought take it for what it is.

Smoothice

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your comments, I will change the blue to a darker shade it's hard to get it right as the visuial appeal changes from screen to screen. I mean it looks nice on my laptop but not so good on my work PC

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you better change the blue and orange color combination into something more attactive.

I suggest you use some elegant looking colors. Perhaps a darker shade would do. Its up to you

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks guys could someone send me suggestions as to what would look good

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apart from the color combination that noone likes what else can I do to improve the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Properly add some pictures

could help to make this website become alive

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about a picture? an action photo of a person using the services offered. and yes, change the colors
    Last edited by r937; Aug 28, 2006 at 04:37.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blue and orange look fine to me, remember that design is subjective especially when it comes to color and color combinations.

If you look at a color wheel blue and orange are complementary colors, they definitley don't clash and complementary colors are a great way to pick a color scheme.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Site is really not good from usability point of view. There is no navigation present on left hand side neither is it cosistent like top and bottom have parts of full navigation. So a new visitor to the site has to go through few links on top and then search for few links at the bototm of the page. This makes bad usability structure.

The color scheme and design is not at all having modern look at most it home made site. Also fe images will have good effect on overall look and feel of the site. The color of links do not indicate which ones visited by the visitor which makes again bad from usability point of view.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi gokeeffe,
    Again I like the colours, With a target audience of 14 upwards I think those colours work, I would agree perhaps about adding an image perhaps a cartoony type thing? Do get the usability sorted out though, check out some of the recommendations for web standards and accessibility/usabilty and follow some of the guidelines they give. Perhaps an explaantion of what the site does for people (like me lol) who haven't the foggiest idea what a grind is? Titles on each page relevant to that page? There's still a lot you need to (or could) do. Useful site when you've finished though. Hope that helps.
    Esprit06
    Get some Esprit Creatif in your life today.
    Inspirational Web Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Website look very simple

Website need photos, or graphics definitely.
    Also everything seem fat apart.
    Color might need to be change, even though I like the combination, but maybe you just aren't placing them right...
    I dont know what else to tell you I am a newbie with design skills, just a visitors perpective

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I have to agree withthe consensus here - the colour scheme could do with some work, the colours themselves would work in a different shade maybe - but the button rollovers are quite ahrsh and could be tied into the overall colour scheme better.

When going to your forum - the look does not carry through which would create a more consistent feel to your services.
    I recently set my online courses up with a new forum - have a look to see what I mean:
    site: www.eyedea.eu/eyelearn
    forum: www.eyedea.eu/vanilla

Good luck
    GRAPHICEYEDEA.CO.UK
    Looking for a course in London?
    join us for 2010/11 now: design for the web (course website)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The colour theme is very bright.
    Last edited by tjyobazee; Aug 27, 2006 at 10:11. Reason: wrong post

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I will change the colors and add some images or even a cartoon type of figure to the header.

I disagree in terms of useability, just because there is no navigation on the left hand side does not mean that the useability is poor. My thoughts were to put the most important links in the header and the less important ones such as Terms and conditions and FQA's in the footer. I feel that beacause I have gone for this approach is makes it easier for members to use an navigate.

I do agree that the colore need to be changed, but I did get these colors from a site that recommended color combo's.

Getting feeback is great but when you have put so much time and effort into a project it is hard to take aswell, from starting not knowing anything about web deveopment (I am a biochemist by trade) I think ihave done well, but I suppose noone else knows that.

Again thanks for the help

SitePoint Addict betrollwin.com's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make the background a light shade of gray. Under the "Find the following grinds now!", put it into a table so that it is evently spaced out. I like the color scheme.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys,

I changed the color scheme and added a cartoon character, is it an improvement

Tks