SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you generate much revenue from Flash games?

Has anyone made much revenue from AdSense, Fastclick, etc from Flash games? If a Flash game is simple and addictive (which hopefully mine is) the link to the game can spread like wildfire and get a lot of traffic. I just wondered if anyone has made any money from this - I don't mean huge amounts of cash, maybe just a few hundred $$$.

Anyone had any success with this?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would think......

the way game sites sell on the "MARKETPLACE" it would be a no brainer. I don't think they are making anything. Looks like sellers are building up traffic, then dumping. Then they move on to next site to build up, taking the old traffic with them. BUT....they are selling!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can quite easily make $XXXX but the income will die off once the game has spread around, if you balance the hours put into making the game with the money that you can make then it is well worth it, especialy if the game only takes a day or so to make.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the sites in our network which offer flash games have huge amounts of traffic and are generating few hundredth $$$ per day so I would imagine the answer to your questions is yes, however it will probably take you some time to build up that kind of traffic.
    Alex Basov / VP of Site Representation
    GLOBAL INTERACTIVE, LLC. / High CPM Rates / 100% Fill Rate
    AlexB@GlobalInteractive.com
    http://www.GlobalInteractive.com

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies - I've allocated 30 hours to make the game. Even if it's only gets high traffic for a couple of months or so that's great. I'm fairly confident I can get the traffic there.

Best get back coding . . .

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd use the games to draw people in and sell something else.
    Click Here to see top selling Clickbank product in a recession.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalInteractiv
    Some of the sites in our network which offer flash games have huge amounts of traffic and are generating few hundredth $$$ per day so I would imagine the answer to your questions is yes, however it will probably take you some time to build up that kind of traffic.
    If you don't mind, can you give the addresses of some of these websites. We can understand better, what kind of tactics we must follow.

Thank you

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am little hesitant to give out addresses of publishers because 1) I am not sure if they like others to know how much they make and 2) some people just try to copy the sites completely. So I am juts going to email few of them with this thread and if they want they can post themselves.
    Alex Basov / VP of Site Representation
    GLOBAL INTERACTIVE, LLC. / High CPM Rates / 100% Fill Rate
    AlexB@GlobalInteractive.com
    http://www.GlobalInteractive.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subet
    If you don't mind, can you give the addresses of some of these websites. We can understand better, what kind of tactics we must follow.

Thank you
    I think there was some confusion in this thread, the OP was talking about creating a single game not an arcade site.

If you have either the skills & time or money to pay someone and a good idea for an addictive game and get it listed on newgrounds and similar sites with high a rating you should recieve a short massive burst of traffic which you can cash in on.

You just have to produce quality game and start a viral campaign, MySpace would be a good place to start this.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right. I'm a freelance multimedia developer and am developing the game in my free time. I'm just curious as to other people's success in this context.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing to consider is that if you create a game and it becomes very popular, you'll have a nice jewel in your portfolio as a multimedia developer. As a webmaster who's considered commissioning custom games from developers, I'd be more apt to hire a developer with a history of creating popular games over someone who doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also after a while if you notice the traffic/revenue slowing down you can create tutorials on how you made the game and post it at flashkit and the other popular flash forums and tutorial sites this will bring in traffic for quite some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a hell of alot of competion in Flash Games sites. Way too many if you ask me. So the key to making revenue is having games people want to play, that are not available on the THOUSANDS of other sites.

Good luck. And for gods sake, DON'T STEAL FLASH GAMES FROM OTHER SITES.

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're developing games, you'd probably get the most returns by selling out to GameHouse/RealArcade, etc. See these websites developer sections.