SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast insiderhosting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows XP Question

Hello, I'm using WinXP Pro and for some reason when I got to secure sites (https://) it doesn't show a lock box on the lower right hand part of my screen. I was wondering how I could setup my Internet Explorer to do this? BTW I used to have it show on IE and it also had a green progress bar which showed that the page was loading, and when it was done loading it would say done, as well as it would tell me how many more images need to load on the page before the page was done loading.
    I appreciate any help

Thanks

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should show the lock by default! Very strange indeed. I will check more into this and get back to you.

What are your security settings set to?
    Last edited by moospot; Nov 30, 2001 at 19:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate to say this, because it hardly ever happens, but I couldn't find anything on that topic.

All I can suggest is that you reinstall IE 6. Hopefully it will go away on its own.

There can be only One.... joelwills's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies if this sounds stupid, but are you sure you haven't just got rid of your status bar?

Under the View menu(I haven't got 6 at work so can't be sure it's the same), Status Bar should have a tick next to it. It seems to me, if the padlock, and progress bar, and 'status' messages are not present then the Status bar is missing!
    Life Goggles - The Entertaining Environment Blog
    http://www.lifegoggles.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent point, joel. I have problems with the IE6 status bar staying up. I have to keep opening it up to see it.

Click View and see if Status Bar has a check next to it. If not, then click it and the bar will appear.

Gone!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im having an intermittent problem like that too on IE6 on Win 2K? IE6 on XP is fine at home but I must have had to activate it at least twice a day so far!

SitePoint Enthusiast insiderhosting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the replies everyone, I'm sorry that I didn't respond earlier but I never received a notification that there was a response to this thread. Anyway, yes the problem is with the status bar. As moospot said, I too have to keep opening it up to see it. Is there a way to permanently set this status bar to ON?

Thanks