SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like IE more than netscape and so I use it when I make my sites. On the site I am currently working on I am using simple css to edit how my links look. However under netscape it does not work, particularly the a hover{...... part.

Whats even more alarming is that while following some links on my sight netscape will load up the page, I can view it in the page source, but it displays a blank screen, I figure its because maybe I didn't close a table tag or something but I'm worried it may have something to do with my use of SSI.

So I'm asking if anyone has encountered such problems before and if you could give me any advice.

Chris

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Navigator 4.XXX does not understand the hover psuedoclass. It also has a lot of problems with CSS. Netscape 6 understands most of CSS1 so you shouldn't have a problem when it is released. There are a lot of known problems with Navigator 4.XXX and CSS. Webreview.com has a masterlist of what properties are supported by each of the major browsers in their Style Sheet section.

Navigator 4.XXX doesn't understand some of the new table tags specifically <THEAD> and <TFOOT> if you use these tags the browser will get confused and mess up in its rendering of your page. If you post the URL to your site then people will look at it and be able to find the problem for you as it usually sticks out when a new pair of eyes looks at it.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, I thought as much. As much as I'm in favor of netscape succeeding as a company IE in my opinion is just a superior browser.

Chris

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto.