SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David Bowie? Puh leaze.
    Maybe he covered it, but that's not who wrote it.
    At least that is very close to the right title.

I am The Best Idiot. Period.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me a break, it's close enough.
    I have ADHD, and I'm kinda proud about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close enough?
    You do not even have the right decade my friend.
    Not only did he not write it, he didn't even record it first.

By that reasoning, I guess we should credit Sinead O'Connor with "All Apologies", Janis Joplin with "Me and Bobby Mcgee", me with "She Drives Me Crazy" (I sang it in the shower today)...ad nauseum, because apparently it's close enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, I was born in 1989, I listen to primarily country music, and one or two oldies, plus Elvis Presley. So, knowing who people like David Bowie are should atleast give me some sort of Brownie Points....honestly.

And I have never listened to Sinead O'Connor or Janis Joplin. Heard of them, but don't know them, or their music.

So, honestly, give me a break, and if you say which leg, I will forever hold it against you, as I do my stepfather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'm Waiting For the Man" by the Velvet Underground in 1967 (lyrics written by Lou Reed). The ultimate protopunk band. A good 20 years before their time imo.
    Sorry, no brownie points for knowing who David Bowie is. He's a musical legend (also done some great movies and a very sharp business man). I equate that with demanding brownie points for knowing the story of the "Three Little Pigs"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the person who created this thread, wasn't specific and didn't say you had to name the original artist. Just what song it is and a person who sings it.

David Bowie did sing a cover of the song, and that was who I heard sing it, if I had heard Velvet Underground sing it, then I would have said it was a Velvet Underground song.

It's sort of like saying that unless sung by the original composer, Francis Scott Key, "The Star Spangled Banner" is not "The Star Spangled Banner" when sung by anyone else. Which to me is nonsense. You?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harpodogg
    ...It's sort of like saying that unless sung by the original composer, Francis Scott Key, "The Star Spangled Banner" is not "The Star Spangled Banner" when sung by anyone else...
    No. Nothing even vaguely similar.

You are absolutely right, though. I can't believe I didn't see that loophole before. This game rocks. All I have to do is sing any lyrics posted here, to any tune and I'm the artist singing every song! I can even call them anything I want! No, it's not "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, it's from a little ditty I'm singing now I call Boot Slap Mama, it just happens to have identical lyrics."
    Just "sing" the words. I was actually quoting what you're singing, I think you call it Mambo Number Lint.
    Oh, it says not to cheat and use Google too, so I guess Yahoo! must be okay.

Puh leaze.

I guess elaborate semantic shucking and jiving is less difficult than saying something like "Hmm, I didn't know that. How interesting", or even "I didn't know that and actually I don't believe that I could care less."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jake4974
    No. Nothing even vaguely similar.

You are absolutely right, though. I can't believe I didn't see that loophole before. This game rocks. All I have to do is sing any lyrics posted here, to any tune and I'm the artist singing every song! I can even call them anything I want! No, it's not "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, it's from a little ditty I'm singing now I call Boot Slap Mama, it just happens to have identical lyrics."
    Just "sing" the words. I was actually quoting what you're singing, I think you call it Mambo Number Lint.
    Oh, it says not to cheat and use Google too, so I guess Yahoo! must be okay.

Puh leaze.

I guess elaborate semantic shucking and jiving is less difficult than saying something like "Hmm, I didn't know that. How interesting", or even "I didn't know that and actually I don't believe that I could care less."

No...you are completely wrong.

I would have been way off base if I said it was a different song, I said it was Waiting for the Man, and it's actually I'm Waiting for the Man. It's the same song, I just didn't put the I'm. And by saying David Bowie sung it, which he did do, I was right.

Here is one for you specifically. "One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready". Who sings it?

If you first thought it was Elvis Presley.....wrong...Carl Perkins, get it right next time!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    obviously guys i intended the original artist to be stated, i didnt realise that it would be taken so seriously and some "boys" would like to bicker about who sang what and when....its only a game...

I thought this thread would appeal to ppl like myself who were just bored and wanted to mess around on GC, its not somewhere i wanted ppl to show off and say hey....i know them all....and all they did was just googled it or searched on another search engine, whats the point of that.

jeeze....talk about purses at dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy
    ...talk about purses at dawn...
    Oh, I would if I even knew what that meant.

Off Topic:

I've got a new thing. I wasn't sure which I dislike more, "Puh Leaze" or . Then it hit me. My new thing is "Puh Leaze, "
    I think I just discovered a new level in condescension, thanks.
    Last edited by jake4974; Aug 26, 2006 at 15:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jake4974
    Oh, I would if I even knew what that meant.

Off Topic:

I've got a new thing. I wasn't sure which I dislike more, "Puh Leaze" or . Then it hit me. My new thing is "Puh Leaze, "
    I think I just discovered a new level in condescension, thanks.
    Jeepers Crow.
    Oh Puh Leaze.
    Shutdahellup.

Take your pick. Personally, I like option 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He set bombs in bottles of champagne
    And when niggaz popped the cork, niggaz lost half they brains