User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web-Beautification for webmasters

Hi,

Im building a site to help other fellow webmasters make their sites beautiful.

I search the net for cool sites with cool ideas, then i rip them, then i offer then for free to anyone that wants to listen.. This is a labour of love...

Ive ripped **** forms, yahoo "quick tours" and i have heaps of other projects in the pipeline..

Is the site design clean and is it cool enough to attract cool webmasters?

www.RipThatPage.com

LiquidBoy

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should start with your own site. I think it is ugly. and it doesent fit my screen so I have a horizontal scroll. That's a double YUCK!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really want to "beautify the web" a good first step would be to remove that horrendous web site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm.....yeah......this site needs a complete rework. It's a long scrolling nightmare, the menus are ugly as can be and the content is not displayed in an easy to read manner. Sorry dude
    Chris Blackwell - my blog and ramblings
    Comicville - Daily News and Comic Reviews

"web development is what I love...so that's what I do"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks and points taken, i take criticism very well!

1. Yeah the site is built with tables and not very CSS friendly. But im not a strong proponent of the css movement so not fussed about that..

2. The horizontal scrolling is being addressed.

3. My site is aimed at the more graphically oriented designer within the c#, .net, ajax world. And judging by your sites im not really worrying if people like you don't visit my website..

ta

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I'm not too impressed with the design either. The header/logo especially needs some work as well as the rest of the images... I understand your site is about C#, .NET, and ajax but I'd have to say design isn't your area -- programming may be though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i guess theres no-one that likes the design..

the question is do i keep it or fix it..

I think ill keep it and freshen it up..

ps. your comments could me more constructive like telling my your browser settings, screen sizes that it done work on..

liquidboy

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a great idea but it gave me a pain in my brain, it wasn't easy to navigate and the scroll bars are not good...sorry dude

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I like some of the things. And not so much other things.

First, foremost and incredibly urgently, change that godawful flower-header and the navigation buttons!

Then you should probably sit down and have a good think about what it is you think is the most important thing a new user entering your site for the first time should know. Right now, there's no focus point, and there's too much information (and scrolling) for a new user to digest easily.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx great.. constructive criticism...

Ill definetely look at changing the flowers, i had great feedback on that from another forum but i guess ill have to relook at it..

As for scroll bars i dont get that, maybe its because your on less than 1024x768. I need to address that..

As for focal point, ill look at resturcturing the content on the home page. There is alot of text there, ill see what i can do to direct the users attention from top to bottom via specific pieces of content..

Thanks again Liquidboy

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a huge fan of the header graphic, but I do see the message it convieghs. It's not ugly, but it doesnt' wow me.

The rest of the site looks good, I like the colors, talk bubbles, etc... looks very web 2.0 - but in a good way. As it seems like there is a lot of community orientation to the site.

I don't understand why everyone who posts on this forum is so brutal?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 3point .. much appreciated...

The flower logo and menu buttons are gonna be part of the default "flower" theme. Im working on another theme as we speak, hopefully ill have dozens of themes to cater for everyones taste..

As for the site concept.. yes i am indeed going for the ajax style community type of site...

ps. im not so woried about the brutal comments posted early, its often the minorities that are the loudest...

Regards LiquidBoy