SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on my Monetization?

I was wondering if anyone here has experience selling their services via their blog? If so, could you share what's worked for you?

I'm an SEO trying to get freelance work with my site, Montreal SEO. The catch is, I don't know if I've set the site up right, in order to have visitors who like what they read send me job offers, or at least have them inquire about my services.

If you could have a look at the site and tell me what could be improved towards getting clients, that would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything looks tight, it's very awkward to dead, as the text is so close to each other on line breaks. Try giving the text room to breathe and increase padding or something?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the layout you've made for the three column split is pretty cool, but I think it's possible to do some minor reworking on how you've gone about putting content into them. Some points:
    • There needs to be some more padding between the border of the "article-boxes" in the left column and the outer border of the mainbox.
    • The brown background color for the blog headlines doesn't seem quite right. It should probably match the background for the headings in the right column. I'm no color expert (god knows) but I think red, grey, golden/brown is somewhat jarring..
    • Not too crazy about the grey "Read more SEO" boxes, nor the grey background. Perhaps a lighter, more golden/light brown background for both?
    • The biggest problem, as I see it, is the way the content in the mid and right columns seems squeezed together and not properly styled/padded. Hard to say exactly what should be done but I'd try to give the content some breathing space and try to find a more uniform/matching styling on it.
    • There's a problem with some of the content of the right column overflowing out of the mainbox both in IE and Firefox.
    • There's also a problem with selecting text. You've changed the background-color so it's hardly noticable when you're trying to select text, especially in the mid column.
    • The "SEO Search Engine Optimization" headline in the mid column sort of looks like a Google ad. I'd probably want to style that differently to make it stand out a bit more. Perhaps even move it into the header to leave some space in the mid column..

Hope that's helpful and not overly critical..

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, you must have real visits to your site. SEO may cost you a long time to reap huge traffic. Maybe you should try some other methods. What about the traffic site in my signature ?