User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review: One of a Kind

Link: One of a Kind

I've got this pokersite I'm working on that I think (hope) is soon ready to publish. I'd really like some critical feedback on my design choices, color scheme, ease of navigation, etc. Basically, if you see something you don't like, let me know!

Note: The language is Norwegian I'm afraid, so it'll probably be difficult for most of you to review the content..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm scratching my head here: Is the site so perfect that it doesn't need to be critized, or is it so beyond repair that it's not worth commenting..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job imo, its very clean and easy to navigate. Not cluttered like a lot of sites now, very clean good job. The only thing I dont really like is the color scheme, its not ugly but its still dull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and clean design. Can't understand what the content says but that's alright. I pretty nice site, will there be an english version?
    Chris Blackwell - my blog and ramblings
    Comicville - Daily News and Comic Reviews

"web development is what I love...so that's what I do"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. Love what you've done for the logo, its got a really nice sharp, fresh feel to it. The layout is clean and well presented. The only negative I feel is that its perhaps a little bit tooooooo silver. A little splash of a strong colour would really spice it up I think

Good Job
    ASP.NET Freelance Web Developer
    Bored? Check out my photography folio at Flickr

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the nice feedback.

About the colours, that's actually what I'm most worried about myself. I tried to go for a clean design, but I think I might have overdone it a bit, because it seems kind of cold and sterile to me now. I'll try to see if I can find some areas where I can spice it up with some stronger colors. I suck at finding matching colors though, so it'll probably be a though enough task...

pretty nice site, will there be an english version?
    I'm actually working on a translation right now..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting design, too bad I can't read that language. I like the whole poker card thing and the "one of a kind". Design is stylish and presentable. Though I suggest you check out some of your markup errors on w3.org: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...w.oneak.net%2F

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like it aswell i think it looks very clean and fresh just what I would be aiming for in my designs really like the logo aswell i think it works very well

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Programming-Desi
    Interesting design, too bad I can't read that language. I like the whole poker card thing and the "one of a kind". Design is stylish and presentable. Though I suggest you check out some of your markup errors on w3.org: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...w.oneak.net%2F
    Yeah, I know. Embedded YouTube-videos doesn't validate I'm afraid and I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about it (short of not posting them at all of course).

There's also the problem that I'm using phpBB to publish newsarticles on the mainpage, and some of the special characterers arent converted properly (like '' should be '€' for instance), but I'll see if there's something I can do about it..