SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

review my new site

I was wondering and working on this site, and looking for comments, questions, suggestions. I am always trying to improve, so please let me know!

International Netball
    http://www.internationalnetball.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look normal for me and design is too simple......is this a complete site?

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The design is simplistic but that isn't going to be your major problem. You've over-used keywords International netball and netball too much. SEs may see your site as "keyword stuffed", something that could keep you out of their indices.

Good articles for the most part. However, remember to write your content for your visitors first and the SEs second. You don't want you uniques backing out right away, do you?
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think its ur first site.
    Please insert a visible logo.
    Also fix the left menu at least 200 px.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coaching Corner is a "Dead Link" - though I appreciate that if your only testing this.

The design is fine, as long as it's serving it's purpose.

The Google ads have a nice prominant position, you could try making your actual text the same as the ad's - to incease the chances of it being clicked on.

Other than that, keep on at it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The style is so-so, but it looks like there is a lot of good information. One prob is, I don't know what netball is, and I couldn't easily figure it out by looking on the first page, which I should have been able to do.
    Also, on the navbar you didn't capitalize things like Forum and Coaching Corner while you did capitalize some of the others. If you aren't going to capitalize any, don't. If you are, do. Just keep consistent.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your going to keep this design then I'm going to have to recommend some changes.

Your menu on the left should be wider to accomodate your menu choices' length. USe a list underneath your links if they can be categorized under the broader topic (aka your tips and drills link). Do not place your google adwords or any other ad campeign between content of your site. Which is more important, visitors or 10 cents? I would place it somewhere else, like down the right side, and also change the background color of it so it doesn't appear to be content and make one of your browsers mad. Also, try to refrain from repeating the same 3 words over and over again. Try to fill up the page with content before making the user scroll any.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice if simplicity is what your going for

its very simple, is it complete?

its made for the experienced netballer, i dont know anything about the sport and i was hoping to learn about it but just gave up.. If your aiming at the experienced netballer then fine..

Adverts are layered correctly, but ive never been a strong supporter adverts within content.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from a designers point of view: keep trying. It looks like a framed site. too blocky. hate the horizontal scroll.

you should break the text up into columns with short paragraphs, add an image or two like a magazine column.

I think Tim Berners Lee would even choke.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ok as far as I can see nothing too unique, it's abit 90's to tell you the truth and it comes across a bit blocky, on the up-side it's easy to understand what the site is about and what it does

Pragmatic Programmer halfasleeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i clicked on coaching corner it just took me to a test page that could not e displayed. if you are just going for an informative type site it might be ok otherwise i think the design needs improvement and make the welcome text that describes what the page is for stick out a little more so the user wont be confused on what the site is for and why they should stay.
    Altoona Design
    Freelance Flex developer for hire.
    ActionScript Programmer with 8 Years Experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The banner is hard on my eyes. You need to have someone fix that up for you. Also, I think it would look better if you removed the double spaces on your homepage.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The menu is little bit dull and messy.

Tidy up a little bit, one line for every link
    www.propertybytube.com

My new beta testing website

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The banner image at the top is poor quality. Either you saved it with too low of quality settings or you were just working with low quality images.

Get a professional logo made, you can get them done reasonably cheep through freelance designers. If youre serious about this spend 100-150 bucks and post a logo contest on one of the design forums around the web. Ask around for the best sites.

Youre using too many fonts, this is a web-design no-no. Limit it to 1 or 2 similar fonts and dont make it Times New Roman.

Youve got a start on the content, thats good. Keep it up. Content is king. In the end your design can be a handicap but content will win out over all.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, it's looking nice but when i click on links, find the same content. i don't understand what is this.