SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question!

Im getting 300+ visit a day now! Should I start with a advertising company? is there any chance that I could win some money?
    Our Sites: Arcade Muffin | Viefex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess there is no harm in trying

It might take a while to build up enough revenue to receive a cheque, but we all had to start somewhere.

Just be sure to carefully read the terms of service of each individual company.

And bear in mind that some places require a minimum amount of page views per month. That will be mentioned on the site somewhere.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your accomplishment, it always feels great pulling in that traffic.

Although your traffic is picking up, I would still hold back from aggressively seeking out advertisers/sponsors. I would use your traffic and space wisely, use it to build loyalty and promote your own website. For example, run advertisements for particular pages of your website.

Once your traffic picks up, go for it!
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's actually what Im doing!

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300 uniques or 300 impressions?
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hits, what's the difference between unique or impressions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hits count everything including images, one page coudl result in several hits depending on the level of graphcs and each user could request several pages each producing several hits.

Hits are not much to judge anything by, they are only useful to you to see how many files are ebing requested.

I could make a page tommorrow with 1000 images and go and vist it I would have made 1001 hits, but only 1 visitor.

Then again you may be meaning hits as unique visitors, It gets confusing with all the different types of reporting you can get.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unique visitors are exactly that, unique visitors. If you have 10 unique visitors, that means 10 different people visited your website.

Impressions are completely different. A page impression is each time a given page of your website is accessed. So if you have 100 impressions, that means your various pages have been viewed a total of 100 times.

Remember that your unique visitors can visit several pages. Of your 100 impressions, you may only have 10 unique visitors. Each unique visitor visiting an average of 10 pages per day.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so is Unique Visitors!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like to join this discussion

hi..

This topic is very interesting

well, my website goal is to build massive traffic first within one year, then to get adverticsing contracts from advertisers.

we r online since month and half approx.

I am listed in America online, google and Yahoo for sure and some other Egypt specific pages and directories.

My site is all about soccer, and I bring unique content from many sources and post daily updats, and I am planning more expansion..but I want to make good money from this website so i can cover my expenses then py for reporters and editors and develop into a top quality website ..I hope sooo

I have now about 270-300 age views dily, with about 130 visits and about 90-100 ddaily unique visitors...

I want to know ur ideas, do i have to wait till i get quality advertiser? I want to wait till i get 1000 visits daily..its not easy though ..

My website is recognized by top websites and we are associates of http://www.socceralliance.com and we have content partnership with http://www,ajax-usa.com which is a very famous soccer website.

our ranking in googl and yahoo is always in 1st page with different key hrases and i have special company for keeping us on 1st page.

my website is:

http://www.egyptianplayers.com

can u tell me if we have a chance now for good profit?

and in average figures, how much such website can gnerate monthly?

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: like to join this discussion

Originally posted by EP-Webmaster
    hi..

This topic is very interesting

well, my website goal is to build massive traffic first within one year, then to get adverticsing contracts from advertisers.

we r online since month and half approx.

I am listed in America online, google and Yahoo for sure and some other Egypt specific pages and directories.

My site is all about soccer, and I bring unique content from many sources and post daily updats, and I am planning more expansion..but I want to make good money from this website so i can cover my expenses then py for reporters and editors and develop into a top quality website ..I hope sooo

I have now about 270-300 age views dily, with about 130 visits and about 90-100 ddaily unique visitors...

I want to know ur ideas, do i have to wait till i get quality advertiser? I want to wait till i get 1000 visits daily..its not easy though ..

My website is recognized by top websites and we are associates of http://www.socceralliance.com and we have content partnership with http://www,ajax-usa.com which is a very famous soccer website.

our ranking in googl and yahoo is always in 1st page with different key hrases and i have special company for keeping us on 1st page.

my website is:

http://www.egyptianplayers.com

can u tell me if we have a chance now for good profit?

and in average figures, how much such website can gnerate monthly?

thanks
    As far as advertising,your best bet is to go with commission junction right now and sign up for campaigns that relate to soccer. You might also consider trying to convince socceralliance to sponsor your site.

The majority of CPM/CPC ad networks require at least 500,000 pageviews a month before they will consider a site.

Good luck though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi again

I guess socceralliance...they r now united with xtratime so they r now xtratime soccer alliance

egyptianplayers.com is an associate to this network but we r not memebrs..i guess they sponsor members as far as i know.

for CJ, I guess they don't have pay per click ... only sales and leads...etc for a site with 100 visitors..its hard to catch commission this way...I guess i must have 1000 unique visitor per day to get good comission.. I wanted a single advertising company to place its add on my site which they pay fixed fee per month...

where I can get such offer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: hi again

Originally posted by EP-Webmaster
    I guess socceralliance...they r now united with xtratime so they r now xtratime soccer alliance

egyptianplayers.com is an associate to this network but we r not memebrs..i guess they sponsor members as far as i know.

for CJ, I guess they don't have pay per click ... only sales and leads...etc for a site with 100 visitors..its hard to catch commission this way...I guess i must have 1000 unique visitor per day to get good comission.. I wanted a single advertising company to place its add on my site which they pay fixed fee per month...

where I can get such offer?
    Read my post in this thread:
    http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...threadid=42262