SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loading text file in to mysql

I have set up php amd mysql ok and created a database and tables while logged on, and would really like to be able to load in a text file. I have tried it entering the details manually, and also using phpadmin from phptriad, but either way I get an error message that mysql cannot find some temporary file rather than the file that I quoted (or browsed to in phpadmin). Does anyone know what is going on? Where should the file be? I managed to output a text file but coudn't even reimport that.

Thanks for any help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    either way I get an error message that mysql cannot find some temporary file rather than the file
    Please be specific and post the exact filename mysql is failing to find. post your error message word for word please.
    cd pub \r; more beer

Eddie

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry - I tried it again in PHPAdmin. I browsed to the text file C:\apache\mysql\data\test\phone_numbers.txt

and got the error message:

Error
    SQL-query:

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'C:\apache\php\phpD063.TMP' INTO TABLE numbers2 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '\"' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
    MySQL said: File 'c:apachephpphpd063.tmp' not found (Errcode: 2)

When I tried this earlier typing direct into mysql with the correct filepathname, I got a similar error message.

Does this give you a clue as to what's happening?