SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Web Design Services - Search Studio Inc

Search Studio Inc is a full service Internet Business Solutions provider located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

We offer affordable web design services for companies both large and small.

Our cost-effective web design packages are perfect for small businesses.

We offer enterprise custom solutions for larger organizations that demand the most from their website.

Please review www.searchstudio.net and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Michael Crawford
    Director
    Search Studio Inc.
    www.searchstudio.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its fairly good. I think that your navigation is badly thought out however, I dont thin kthere is a need for a seperate Web Design Services aswell as Services considerign that web design services are already listed within Services. Also, the About page I feel should be jsut underneath Home. It all appears very serious to me though, I personally (esp for portfolo websites) would choose a much warmer set of colours, light shades and grey for the content text rather than black as its nicer on the eyes. For the home page I would keep it much less cluttered than it currently is focusing on nice imagery rather than listing too much for the user to think about right away. Most of the above however is just my personal taste so do what works for you best.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AShrub,

Thank-you for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by AShrub
    Its fairly good. I think that your navigation is badly thought out however, I dont thin kthere is a need for a seperate Web Design Services aswell as Services considerign that web design services are already listed within Services.
    I completely agree with you and have changed the navigation to reflect your recommendations. Our Methodology, Package 1 and Package 2 are now submenu items from the root services menu item.

It all appears very serious to me though, I personally (esp for portfolo websites) would choose a much warmer set of colours, light shades and grey for the content text rather than black as its nicer on the eyes.
    I considered using grey text rather than black however, on my first usability pass with 10 individuals in a lab, the black text got 7 votes.

For the home page I would keep it much less cluttered than it currently is focusing on nice imagery rather than listing too much for the user to think about right away. Most of the above however is just my personal taste so do what works for you best.
    The intent for the home page is to drive the eye to the web design packages *the only orange poping text on the whole page.* The olive bar on the left is for seo purposes.

Did your eyes jump to the packages on first page load?

Thank-you AShrub I appreciate your time.

Any other comments and suggestions from anyone?

Regards,

Mike

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

anyone else?

I really need your professional critiques and input.

Thanks,

Mike.

www.searchstudio.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, I like the logo and layout of the page.
    Second, if you offer SEO services, why aren't your alt tags optimized? What about the title tag?
    Third, still on SEO, the olive section on the side of the page would be more effective linking directly to where you discuss these services. Also, you have so much different stuff there I think it would be too diluted for a spider to see you're about one of those services in particular.
    Fourth, assuming hamilton is part of your keyword strategy, you may care to mention it a few times on the site. If it isn't, drop it out of the title tag.

On the services menu, your methodology isn't a service. It should be separate, IMHO.
    On the services page, you have lots of text, which is good for spiders, but it seems like a small business person would feel inundated. I'd use jump links that send someone further down the page, so they don't have to scroll through it all.

Good luck.
    p.s. If you're interested, I'm looking for web designers to partner with. Generally, the SEO would be outsourced to me, then you'd charge a markup, plus get a commission. Get paid for my work, basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the colours could be warmer, as a portfolio site I think it should be more personal and have alot more character, as at the moment it seems very strict and soul less. The navigation also seems in a rather odd place, theres a big space to fill yet you only have a very small navigation using size 12 font? I would try to make this navigation stand out more but thats my opinion, I didnt have any trouble finding the navigation which would be the first concern but I did feel it was quite randomly placed.
    Web Host Advice - Under Development

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Professional look. I love the image theme. The font is a bit small-- but other than that I really like your layout. I have a US web hosting venture-- so I was very interested in your rates.

Q...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QiSoftware
    Professional look. I love the image theme. The font is a bit small-- but other than that I really like your layout. I have a US web hosting venture-- so I was very interested in your rates.

Q...
    Qi,

Thanks for the compliment.

FYI we use dedicated servers from MaximumASP (dual xeon + a lot of ram). Best of luck with your hosting venture.

Regards,

Mike.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks nice. And I especially like the colours you use.

Daniel

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Nice design.

Good job...the color combination make your site more attractive.
    You have done an easy job...now get ready for some hard work..marketing!(Spend some money)
    Good luck

Regards
    MTS

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

content and usability

Can I please get reviews on the content and usability.

The intent is to have people choose a web design package request a free consultation.

How does it read?

Do the packages and their presentation make you want to purchase?

Is the information overpowering or do you feel like a well informed potential buyer?

Thanks,

Mike.
    www.searchstudio.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too much text all over the place and the color scheme is just giving me headaches..

i dont really know where to look at or what to look at.. im sure the content is fine its just that its all over the place.

Theres too many sectioned off areas, just dont know what section to look at or whats important.