SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast tiltawhirl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Back-Office Software

I am curious to find out what others are using to manage client data, invoices, receiveables, quotes, tasks, appointements, projects, etc...

Is there a software out there which offer all these features, or are people using a combination of different software packages?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded vTiger CRM from SourceForge. It's open source. I haven't gotten too deep into it, yet, though. I've added some leads, converted a lead to a prospect, etc. I still have some work to do to figure the whole process out, though. I believe it bills itself as "Enterprise Level" CRM software, so I'm thinking it might be too much for me. I may try to find something simpler. But, it's worth a look.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjmedlock
    I downloaded vTiger CRM from SourceForge. It's open source. I haven't gotten too deep into it, yet, though. I've added some leads, converted a lead to a prospect, etc. I still have some work to do to figure the whole process out, though. I believe it bills itself as "Enterprise Level" CRM software, so I'm thinking it might be too much for me. I may try to find something simpler. But, it's worth a look.
    I setup vTiger earlier this year for our Sales Department. Having implemented two other CRM systems at previous employers I would certainly not consider vTiger to be Enterprise Level. It's maybe 40% of what you would get with something like SalesLogix. It is however free, and SalesLogix is not unreasonably priced, but not cheap.

I ended up uninstalling vTiger and installing SugarCRM, which is the package that vTiger forked from. SugarCRM so far in my experience is MUCH more polished than vTiger and the sourcecode is much cleaner in the event you want to extend or mod it.

- David Bullock

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of threads about management softwares here. I've tried a couple, but go back to my old excel. The thing I like best is that you can make it do exactly what you want in most cases without having to modify what you want to accomplish to fit the program.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown