SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scrolling through dropdown menu causes it to submit mulitple times.

well been awhile since I have been to sitepoint... haven't been doing much web stuff lately... but I am sure you guys are as friendly and helpful as ever.

So, I have a form that is just a drop down menu set to submit the form onChange(). The problem occurs if you are in the drop down menu and you accidently scroll through it quickly using the mouse wheel. I don't know exactly what happens, but it looks like it tries to submit mulitple times which confuses the server and I need to reopen my databases. It connects to Filemaker databases, just in case you wanted to know that.

I guess what I want to know is if there is a way using javascript to either make it so it won't scroll through like that or make it so once it has submitted once it will not submit again.
    Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I did a search and found an answer... anyway, I just added onmousewheel="return false;" to the code in the select box and that seems to work so far. However, if anyone can think of a better solution I would love to hear it, I don't know how well that particular code works in browsers other than IE.
    Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.