SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know we are costing Alstrasoft busines due to threads like this and on BBBofEcommerce.com and it makes me feel better that we are warning other consumers or the horrible nightmares of alstrasoft.com and Revo.com which is alstrasoft rebranded.
    Sitepoint and BBBofEcommerce.com both have top alstrasoft nightmare posts on google !!!
    Google is amazing. google your products before you buy online! And it will help you in your decision for that product
    google with scams or complaints or nightmares behind that company or product and see what comes up .
    Later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow..I was thinking about buying the Affiliate Script from:
    Alstrasoft.com/affiliate.htm#4

any ideas on on this script?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would caution against any dealings. Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Chas2002 View Post
    I would caution against any dealings. Period.
    thats too bad...

I wonder if anyone could recommend a very good affiliate script, maybe a script that another coder could modify if i needed more options, I would rather do this then spend 1000's creating from the ground up.

Thank-You

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As he said above i would not have dealing with alstrasoft period! I had got efriends and videoshare and it cost me thousands to fix thier bugs and the time i wasted trust me steer clear of alstrasoft! They are so bad they even rebranded as Revo.com yes i know you read their marketing and it sounds like the perfect script but time over and over its just words and the scripts dont deliver and tons of bugs of known exploits. I would go to some coder site and put a post of what kind of script your looking for and see what suggestions they give you.
    webhostingtalk is a good one to ask questions.
    And google any script or company and add nightmares or scams or complaints
    BBBofEcommerce.com has some complaints for alstrasoft and .Swreg.org which is the only way you can pay for alstrasoft both are bad companies to do business with .Swreg.org has more scams and complaints then should be allowed and you want to give them your credit card number!! They are known for unauthorized charges once they got your card number your theirs lol just google them and add unauthorized charges
    Good Luck

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    absolutly a nightmare......
    Just couple of days back I brought this script and it is disaster. Companies like Alstrasoft ruin it for legitimate companies online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not tried yet with that software. Thanks for the early reminder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner439 View Post
    As he said above i would not have dealing with alstrasoft period! I had got efriends and videoshare and it cost me thousands to fix thier bugs and the time i wasted trust me steer clear of alstrasoft! They are so bad they even rebranded as Revo.com yes i know you read their marketing and it sounds like the perfect script but time over and over its just words and the scripts dont deliver and tons of bugs of known exploits. I would go to some coder site and put a post of what kind of script your looking for and see what suggestions they give you.
    webhostingtalk is a good one to ask questions.
    And google any script or company and add nightmares or scams or complaints
    BBBofEcommerce.com has some complaints for alstrasoft and .Swreg.org which is the only way you can pay for alstrasoft both are bad companies to do business with .Swreg.org has more scams and complaints then should be allowed and you want to give them your credit card number!! They are known for unauthorized charges once they got your card number your theirs lol just google them and add unauthorized charges
    Good Luck
    Its funny if these guys are such as rip off why are they allowed
    to do business with pay merchants as in paypal over the years?
    they could easily be shut down if their pay merchants terminated
    their source of income...maybe you guys need to send more complaints
    to paypal or whoever they use to help disrupt their business flow...

I was looking at their AR the other day $160 (what crap, and it has not really had an upgrade in 4 years) then I found another site selling the same AR
    for like $77 and he claims he has fixed the bugs and added a few extras.

yes their nice site design can lure you in really good, thanks to you guys, I will keep dreaming about my affiliate program I may have one day...
    yes they make it sound very good, but from what I am reading, it will
    just be junk code.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Actually BBBofEcommerce.com has gone after Swreg.org and i should post the Responce from michelle at swreg they litterally said they have had no complaints lol and that alstrasoft is great support. HEY MICHELLE how much they paying you to say that one!!! BBBofEcommerce.com has been working on trying to get swreg's attention to stop taking money for alstrasoft. By the way Alstrasoft would never be accepted on paypal and they were shut down at their previous commerce site and are now at SWReg.or which if you google SWReg.org and Scams or unauthorized charges they have tons of complaints so they are just as much a part of the problem!
    Later
    BBBofEcommerce.com
    Onlineadsnow.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner439 View Post
    Well Actually BBBofEcommerce.com has gone after Swreg.org and i should post the Responce from michelle at swreg they litterally said they have had no complaints lol and that alstrasoft is great support. HEY MICHELLE how much they paying you to say that one!!! BBBofEcommerce.com has been working on trying to get swreg's attention to stop taking money for alstrasoft. By the way Alstrasoft would never be accepted on paypal and they were shut down at their previous commerce site and are now at SWReg.or which if you google SWReg.org and Scams or unauthorized charges they have tons of complaints so they are just as much a part of the problem!
    Later
    BBBofEcommerce.com
    Onlineadsnow.com
    in all honesty, BBBof whatever looks like a dead generic forum that
    no one would take seriously...whoever owns the domain doesnt look
    like they could afford to put anything better up except an out of the
    box forum...

But it is funny seeing all these complaints online, and i see nothing
    on RipOffreport.com - one of the biggest places on the net to
    report fraud and ripoffs, and if this is the case, I would bet no one
    has ever contacted the actual BBB regarding this company.

and another thing, even regnow could not exist without the support
    of legit credit cards for payments, if MC/Visa would cut their support,
    then crap rolls down hill, and it would be over for all of them, and
    if they are still in business, then the major credit card compaines are
    still supporting regnow, you have to complain to the big boys, not some
    phpBB meaningless forum, and as long as you paid with a credit card, you
    can always file a dispute, and mostly win...however if you paid with paypal
    funds, then your pretty much screwed.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey who cares what a site looks like if its helping warn others of alstrasoft nightmares! And all i was saying google alstrasoft nightmares and also swreg.org scams or unauthorized charges and they show up alot all over google so unless your buddies with swreg or alstrasoft then dont talk bad about a site warning others ! I dont know why mastercard and visa hasnt cut support but i know if swreg which claims to be the oldest commerce site then why didnt they get big like paypal, and all im saying is that alstrasoft got booted from paypal and its last commerce site. And they have rebranded to revo.com due to all the problems so dont shoot the messenger! Or better yet since alstrasoft isnt on ripoffreport.com then go ahead and buy their script deal with all the bugs lack of support and then youll find out on your own all the issues with alstrasoft and the nightmares that follow. First off i personally was a victim and bought efriends and videoshare and had to deal with all the bugs and problems so i speak from experience and i know their support sucks i still have the emails and when you ask the server company any questions they tell you to goto the vendor but all that gets done is more time wasted, jaguar is their partner and ive talked to them personally and the same lots of complaints and they try to distance themself and say they just have servers that can support video. But ill make a point to do a ripoffreport just so everyone is happy and one at bbbonline its not going to make alstrasoft any better lol and like i said BBBofEcommerce and all the other sites all have the same goal to help inform consumers of problem places so that others dont make the mistake of buying into alstrasofts impressive marketing skills if their products just worked the way they market them then sites like this and BBBofecommerce.com wouldnt have anything about alstrasoft on them!!
    And I know for a fact i gave alstrasoft that sites url so they could respond to that forum but they dont respond on any forum .
    And I give props to any sites out there helping warn others of bad companies no matter how they look! Out of the box forum or not! After i spent a thousand bucks on making my efriends and videoshare work which os more my own code now i just wished i had read something like this before i wasted 3 months getting efriends and videoshare working and finding a decent developer. I learned a big lesson Google the company you are looking at and then add scams nightmares or complaints and it will save you the consumer lots of possible problems, so again any site warning consumers i give THANKS!!
    BBBofEcommerce.com i dont care you havnt got some fancy colors yet lol your site still is in the top google searches GREAT JOB maybe ill personally offer some help making that site look better!!
    Oh by the way i see your promoting your seo program hows it work does it get the job done and how much ? whats your site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not here to argue, you can vent all day if you want, makes no difference to me at all.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey im not here to argue either im just saying any site out there to warn consumers i say thanks to not bust on them over some colors lol Any ways i was asking about you seo software is that your site does it work pretty good ? I do some of the meta tags and work on my friends sites id like to try and get more traffic to his sites and some of mine.
    And it just sounded like you was mad at some site for posting against alstrasoft but just google alstrasoft complaints scams or nightmares and its all over google and they are known for pirated software and claiming it theres and have been shut down a few times i did alot of reading on alstrasoft after dealing with them for months so thats why i know all of this. So like i said dont shoot the messenger!
    Pm me on the seo software

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has lots of issues but we had fixed all issues for 2 of our clients So if you know how to fix it or get it fixed then only go for this script

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even i have bought 2 of their scripts ...when they launched but never got support . all are crap and ripped clones from other scripts .

BEWARE IF YOU BUY A SCRIPT FROM THEM >. YOU RE THE LOOSER > THE WILL RIP YOU OFF !!!

Also they are INDIANS . They are using fake US Phone number . They never respond to your calls .

One of my friend reported to police two days back about the phone number . they told all the call are routed to Singapore and some Indian guys run the website ..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have fixed the bugs in Alstrasofts Scripts for videoshare and Efriends and you can contact me on www.Bbbofecommerce.com I figured out their exploits and fixed the sanitizing issues and modified the scripts to work better specially the Videoshare. Alstrasoft is out of singapore and they operate a virtual office to get around having to be a official company in singapore you can read more about it on BbbofEcommerce and they are only quick to respond to get your money but once they get it well its a whole different story lol and they blame everyone else for their crap they will blame the server or it dont have the modules set up right and they even blame their security issues on other people yet i can see their problem right in the script.
    Videoshare is not a bad script once you fix the bugs. I can host and fix any alstrasoft script and get it to work for you just contact me ive been dealing with them now since jan of 08 so ive logged alot of hours in their scripts and made some of my own modes to make it better.
    And cheap domains www.1159domains.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I forgot the best website ive seen besides here lol is www.GotYourASS.com for busting on alstrasoft crap scripts Its a sure site to get their attention and attention of future buyers of alstracrap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard so many bad things about Alstrasoft software. It is a shame that someone would waste their coding time.
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 2.0 | Software for Real Estate Agencies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end they will go out of business if they keep it like that...there is competition outhere, you know...
    Web software reviews, news, tips & tricks - MyTestBox.com
    BankruptcyService.com - Bankruptcy is not the end of the world

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen alot of other scripts out there that are taking business from alstrasoft, if they just fixed their issues and got better support they wouldnt have a bad script. I did the fixes to their scripts in my spare time and figured out how to make it better and they do have a great video script if you have someone help that knows what they are doing and you have to be on a server that can handle their requirements! I can fix other peoples alstrasoft scripts and even host their scripts, cheap domains at www.1159domains.com and i host from that site or for videos i host on my dedicated server. Just contact me if you are interested in fixing your alstrasoft script or hosting your site.
    Later

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dscurlock View Post
    wow..I was thinking about buying the Affiliate Script from:
    Alstrasoft

any ideas on on this script?
    PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS, THIS IS **** SOFTWARE, I BOUGHT THIS ONE MONTH AGO BUT FOUND LOTS OF BUGS, I TOLD THEM I WANT REFUND, CHECK MY SITE: enjoybay ,PLAN TO PUT ONLINE BUT NOW I CAN'T BEFORE FIX THESE BUGS.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This information is good to know. Who knew Alstrasofts Scripts had so much trouble I usually use php and asp. So many bad things are said about altrasoft its scary. Good to have a warning as to what not to buy.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    If the software doesn't work, then essentially they breached their agreement. The developer can whine, complain and protest that their policies are no refunds but they have NO CHOICE but to give you a refund if there are MATERIAL defects like you claim. They did not deliver on your half of the agreement so you should get your money back. This does not generally apply with minor bugs (always look at the terms of the agreement) but it sounds like a whole lot more than that and essentially the script does not work as advertised. Good luck.
    Hello.
    I did some research on their Revou product and I stumbled n this thread. I read all the posts but yours made me the most impression and I registered just to reply to you.
    They do have a choice to not give you a refund. They have a demo with no visible defects. So their software works. They have also put a list of requirements. However, a webserver can be configured in many different ways and they could just say "we do not offer sysadmin services, the script works fine - here, take a look at our demo."
    Things like that need to be proven in order to get a refund. If they do not want to give a refund, you are most probably not getting any.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DR_GIGGULS View Post
    Hello.
    I did some research on their Revou product and I stumbled n this thread. I read all the posts but yours made me the most impression and I registered just to reply to you.
    They do have a choice to not give you a refund. They have a demo with no visible defects. So their software works. They have also put a list of requirements. However, a webserver can be configured in many different ways and they could just say "we do not offer sysadmin services, the script works fine - here, take a look at our demo."
    Things like that need to be proven in order to get a refund. If they do not want to give a refund, you are most probably not getting any.
    So with your one post you came here just to respond to this comment. Let me ask you this - is it possible that a software company might actually make something appear to work but the average person on the average server cannot make it happen? They are called latent defects or those which are "under the hood." Driving around once or twice doesn't reveal all the patchwork that may have been done.

Most scripts I worked with were fine out of the box. A select few were impossible and the developers had poor support because nobody but them could explain how to get it working. The documentation wasn't good enough or the servers they used were not using custom standard software and hence we couldn't get it to work. Additionally, there could be numerous bugs generated after a period of time, a number of users generated, etc. and they know about them but have done nothing. Many demos are limited in number, adding content, etc.

If there are many complaints about a script, chances are there is a bigger problem looming. The company is not blind to the issues - don't you think they know if their own script has bugs? I'm not saying that is the case here but "proving" a script is faulty is not necessary to that company!
    My law forum and legal information website -- I also buy websites you may wish to sell

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    a script is faulty is not necessary to that company!
    My point exactly. Compatability issues are the company's fault. But a client's inability to cover a product's requirements is not a company's fault and therefore a refund cannot be required.
    Don't get me wrong - I'm not on anybody's side. I'm grateful I found this thread.