UPDATE - Round 3 Seeding and Rules can be found here
Round 3 Entry thread can be found here
Round 3 Fun thread can be found here
Round 2 Seeding and Rules can be found here
Round 2 Entry thread can be found here
Round 2 Fun thread can be found here
What: This is a massive, multi-round competition in which entrants will need to show off their photo manipulation skills in order to win fame and prizes.
How it works: The first round will be held from Monday, August 14 until Thusday, August 31. It is an open round that any SitePoint member can enter. After that time 16 winners will be announced. These winners will be assigned seeds (rankings) and put into a two-sided, head-to-head bracket. There will then be three more rounds in which increasingly harder tasks will be assigned. The winners of each side of the bracket will face off in the final challenge (the fifth round of the competition)!
Prize: The winner will receive one grand prize package consisting of:
- 1 copy of Build Your Own Website The Right Way With HTML & CSS
- 20 Marketplace credits
- 1 SitePoint T-Shirt
- 1 copy of the brand new Photoshop Anthology (coming soon!)
1. Submissions for the first round must be in by August 31 at 11:59PM (23:59) GMT. If you are unsure of what that is for you, consult this time zone converter.
2. Entrants will be given 5 days to complete each subsequent step of the competition after the task is announced.
3. The seeded bracket will be set up like this on each side:
Judges will set the seeds after the first round. Their decisions are final.
4. You must be a member of SitePoint to enter this contest.
5. You may use any software you have at your disposal to complete the task.
6. Only one entry is allowed per person per round.
7. All entries must respect the general rules of SitePoint. Keep in mind that this is a family-friendly forum and that religious and political references are not allowed.
8. Results and classification of the competitors will be posted at the end of each round.
9. This is art, art is subjective, so please respect the judges decisions. Their decisions are final.
10. These rules may be changed or amended at the start of each round. If that happens the changes will be posted to the forums.
Judges: We have assembled a panel of judges special for this competition.
Guest 'Star' Judge: Andy Clarke
SP Member Judge: Uncle Bob
Staff Judges: vgarcia, Varelse, conradical, Si, and Dark Tranquility
Judging. Each judge will assign 20 total points to each entry. 5 points are awarded for technique/technical merit, 5 points for creativity, and 10 points for overall effect.
Entering the contest: For the first round of the contest, please take the following photograph and colorize it, remove the noise and the grains, keep in mind that you should keep it natural yet as creative as possible. You may use any tools or software you would like.
THE PHOTOGRAPH TO MANIPULATE IS HERE
Please add entries to the ENTRY THREAD. Entries are due on August 31 at 11:59PM (23:59) GMT. If you are unsure of what that is for you, consult this time zone converter.