SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Making popup come into view....

I have a pop-up window that loads after a form as been submitted (onClick command on the Submit button).

Now what happens sometimes, is the user doesnt fill all the requred fields in, and the main form window shows a error messagebox informing the user what forms to fill in. When it does this, it moves infront of the Thank You Pop-up box (which is fine).

Then when the form is resubmitted (with all the correct fields filled in), it is then redirected back to the form page again (but still infront of the Thank You Pop-up window).

So what im thinking is to have a javascript onLoad command on the form page that basically says IF thankyou.htm (the popup) is open, then put thankyou.htm window infront of the form window, otherwise do nothing.

That way, when the user goes to the form page for the first time, the form window is in view, then when they submit, the thankyou.htm window is in view.

Any ideas how to go about doing this?

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ideas guys/girls? I have found a script that puts a popup into view, but it doesnt seem to work....

SitePoint Enthusiast Joel Farris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not answering this because I don't want to enable you to spawn a popup window just to say "thank you". Who knows, I may one day visit your site and have to close said window...
    <!-- Joel Farris -->
    "I woulda brought my printer to this meeting,
    but they wouldn't allow any Sharp objects on the plane!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code:
    if(myPopUp)
    {
        myPopUp.focus();
    }

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Farris
    I'm not answering this because I don't want to enable you to spawn a popup window just to say "thank you". Who knows, I may one day visit your site and have to close said window...
    Its not just a thank you message. It also contains links to pages the user will want. We use the Thank You popups to track user stats as well. I agree popups used wrongly can be very annoying, but in my instance the user will expect to see a popup.