SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Call home script? Need advice

hey All,

umm i have developed a basic php script and just for fun i would like to make a call home script so when the user runs the install the first page he will see asks him to enter a license code, then i want the call home script to check to see if the code entered matches that on my server, also that code can only be entered once and not again as this will prevent code sharing if u see what i mean.

anways how would i go about doing that, i only know basic php so please try to keep it simple

also i would try a commercial product but i can;t afford any of them such as zend and all the others.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410845

You didnt say if you searched for an answer or not, the recent posting above seemed quite similar, so perhaps try that first, or explain more about what you are finding difficult to do.
    Upgrading to Mysql 5? Auto-increment fields now strict
    use NULL
    Or zero or leave the field name out completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i looked at that post but it dont help me much as no one really expalined how to do what that guy wantedted, and plus i have said i cant afford a php encoder

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without the encoder the use of license system is questionable. Anyone would be able to edit your script and avoid the license validation.
    Saul