Thread: Paypal blocked

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Paypal blocked

Hello
    3 days ago, i've made a paypal account. I just filled all in exept of the creditcard, but this isn't necessary.
    Yesterday i received my first payment with paypal.
    10 minutes later i received a mail of paypal that they think that i have received money on a non-autoristed way. Again 10 minutes later i received a mail that my account was blocked. What did i wrong?
    Plz can someone help me to unblock my account

Grtz OsiriX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you contacted Paypal and asked them? It's very possible that you received a phishing email rather than a legitimate communication from Paypal.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OsiriX
    Hello
    I just filled all in exept of the creditcard, but this isn't necessary.
    Are you sure?

PayPal usually requires verification processes, such as debiting a bank or credit card account, to complete the account set up process.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szn
    Are you sure?

PayPal usually requires verification processes, such as debiting a bank or credit card account, to complete the account set up process.
    That is if you are paying for something. Else they don't care. They even let 13 year old signup for an account. Feel an account is suspicious? Lock it up, hold the fund for interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the payment for?
    Photoshop Tutorials, Freebies, News, and more!
    www.mintyferret.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really depends on the amount and how much did the payer send out during the week.
    How much is the payment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 minutes later i received a mail of paypal that they think that i have received money on a non-autoristed way. Again 10 minutes later i received a mail that my account was blocked. What did i wrong?
    You should try to contact PayPal (preferably by phone) for more details. Go to the PayPal website, click on the Help link, and look for the Contact Us link.

Have you contacted Paypal and asked them? It's very possible that you received a phishing email rather than a legitimate communication from Paypal.
    To verify that this is a legitimate communication, first go to the PayPal website and log in to your account. If you are able to log in to your account, then if there is any issue, it should be highlighted on the first page of your account. If you are blocked from logging in, contact PayPal by phone using the phone number located under the Help link from the site.

Feel an account is suspicious? Lock it up, hold the fund for interest.
    As stated in the User Agreement, PayPal will not earn interest on funds held in your account.
    Sell more worldwide!
    PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal
    now support 6 currencies and 174 countries

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paypalrb
    As stated in the User Agreement, PayPal will not earn interest on funds held in your account.
    Locked up funds, not funds in your account. Last year, PayPal lowered the interest rate on funds held in PayPal account from 4% to 2.2% to compensate for investing fees (How much you buy in to that?). PayPal is making interest out of locked up and held funds.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've send them a mail.
    I've sold a website for 105 so i don't see a problem.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Lil_Red said, check to make sure you didn't get a phishing email (and be very careful you didn't give someone you account details if you did).

Official PayPal email are addressed to you by name (whatever you signed up with).
    Phishing emails usually start off with something like, "Dear Customer" or "Dear Account #234234262" etc.

Otherwise, get on the phone with PayPal. They're MUCH more helpful that way, I have found.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.