User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Please review my website Laymybet.com

Hi there,

Would be grateful if anyone could take a look at my website - Lay my bet.com.

I understand that its no-where near the quality of other websites here, but I would appreciate any honest feedback

Thanks. Matt
    Learn how to earn money whilst online at www.paid2review.co.uk

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hm.. honestly i dont think i would give my money away to people whose site looks like it was designed for elementary school. im referring to the notebook thing here and the kiddie style navigation. it is nice though, i just dont think its appropriate. um, i also think the pages are too long? no links to the different sections of "back to top" links to minimize scrolling. i think the font should be wider, maybe verdana? thats just my personal preference.

well, hope you find something helpful in that! goodluck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments, have taken them into consideration. Will look into changing the font, have just changed some parts of the site thanks to your comments.
    You don't actually pay me any money at all, all you need is a little money to sign up with online bookmakers to take advantage or their bonus, but this is explained on the website anyway.

Will try and add some other stuff soon, to minimise scrolling etc.

Thanks a lot belledumonde.
    Matt

SitePoint Enthusiast CorkyMcDoogle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll agree with what belledumonde said. The top navigation looks 100% inappropriate for the site content. I don't get what the overall layout has to do with the content.

The little images and notes on the side are unique and original... They break up the sections somewhat and keep the page from running on forever (even though it does).
    Last edited by CorkyMcDoogle; Aug 12, 2006 at 18:51.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont like it either. Sorry. Programming and images look good. concept is flawed. the lines across the screen make it hard to read. and the text just goes on and on. Just overwhelming, I had to leave quickly. good skills just wrong concept.
    IMO

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy C. Ankerstjerne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from what was mentioned above, I'd also consider making the entire tab clickable, and not just the text. The top explanations for each section are also problematic, as they are images with no ALT text (which should basically be the text of the image). The blue-on-brown text under 'links' is also difficult to read.

In the downloads section, the five-star rating comes off as untrustworthy, since there is no additional information about the rating (where did the rating come from? How many supplied their votes?). I'd also consider some testimonials, if you have any.

By the way, the 'Best viewed in *whatever*' sentence makes the page look amateurish. Make it work the same for all modern browsers in stead.
    Christian Ankerstjerne
    <p<strong<abbr/HTML/ 4 teh win</>
    <>In Soviet Russia, website codes you!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so much letters. You can design some graphics (flow chart, fig...). It make user can understand what you show. Your website show too much info, change to Menu or navi-bar links, splite into small articles...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colour and images are nice, but you have to look into the scroll bars and the buttons. I dont feel that they are kept in the appropriate place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aesthetically, this site does nothing for me. BUT, there are some things that I really like about the site.

For starters, you have prominately displayed what the user will get or learn from spending their time at this site. You go on to define what it is and give examples. So you have done a great job explaining to the user what it is that your website is all about. You just need to come up with a better design now.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback. Have made some small changes, but am thinking of ways of breaking up the text as I doubt many people would be able to read it all without losing interest.

Thanks again. Matt