SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a message originally asked by Forum Member DLG a question was posted:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>I'm an new web designer and have been bombarded with tons of stuff that I have to learn.
    i've already got html, css, and I'm currently learning Perl 5...what should I focus on next?
    I was thinking that maybe I should try out flash. Is this worth my endevour?

- sam

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggested he should learn Javascript first. Others suggested Flash was a good road to follow. What do you think his course of action should be?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Learn them both at the same time. Since you can use JavaScript in a multitude of different ways with Flash, you might find it helpful to study both concurrently. Flash is also showing signs that, in the next version, the internal scripting will follow a JavaScript-like model... Either way, you will have more knowledge, which is always a good thing.

------------------
    jessica@webstyles.net

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all..

Interesting question...

I think with the technology these days it's inpossible to learn all skills of webdesign.
    We are flushed with so many different languages, Javascript, VB-script, HTML, XML, Flash, PHP, ASP, CFM, etc. In my opinion the choice you have to make is to choose a way what is the easiest for you to learn.
    ie. I heart of a cripting language of Delphi,
    Since I program quiet a while now in Delphi, this scripting should for me the easy way to learn instead of learning a complete new syntax..

As you have no experience at all in languages
    I recommend to use Javascript above Flash, because in my opinion Flash is a add-on to make your page "Flashy" and Javascript really gives you some functionality on your site.

That's the road I should follow

Regards

------------------
    EMB
    webmaster bluegrass-webresources.com