Thread: Color Problem

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Color Problem

Hi all -

Well I just finished a successful reformat of my drive (YEA!) and was messing around with several windows open and noticed I was having a color problem. It seems that when I have a window open the colors on the desktop image all resort back to very primitive colors (like 8 main colors rather than the 256 that I have the setting for.) Also, in a possibly related problem, if I have my MS Media player open and it has a image in it and I close it, a big pinkish-red box replaces the image and then the application closes down. What's going on here!

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you might have the wrong drivers installed for your video card.

What do you see when you go to "Start>Settings>Display>Settings tab>Advanced>Adapter"? Does it show your video card? If it doesn't then click on "Change" and reinstall your drivers (follow the on-screen instructions and have your driver disk/cd ready).

Even if it does show the right card, try reinstalling the drivers anyway.

What happens when you do that?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply... For some reason when I rebooted there was another option for "True Color" in the Color Palette area, which I selected and it seems to have solved my problem. For now....