User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Damir Secki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google caching and other stuff

Hey folks!

Ok. We are very happy of google. Our site is only 4 months old and it's already on the first places for related keywords.

I have a question on google's caching. It appears google has selected some pages on our site and spiders them every day! (about 30 pages out of 1000+). So when I check the cached site it's a very recent one. The question is Does google spider thos pages or just review them for their cache?? (I think is the second one )

Ok we got 300+ visitors per day just from google and 15- from other search engines!!!!!!

We submited 300+ pages to altavista. All the web and fast search spidered our site very acurately, but no traffic from them. Why??? Can it be that the percentage of google users is so big???

Are there any sites that shows the popularity of specific keywords on various SE?
    Like I am interested in how many times "glass" and glass related phrases were seacrhed today om google, altavista, lycos etc????

10x alot in davance
    Damir Secki
    Damir Sečki
    PHP (mainly cakePHP)/mySQL/JavaScript (jQuery)/HTML/CSS developer
    BlabberStar.com - Tratsche.de - Petteguless.it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure of other search engines, but I know Lycos has a Top 50 feature here that will let you see the most popular search terms. Other than that, I'm not sure if there is a service that will help you.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 95% sure that google also updates your page ranking when it respiders those pages.

As for why it does this, when Google detects a page that has a high rate of change they will spider it more often as part of their campaign to get the most recent results.

Fast Search and AllTheWeb are the same thing.

Why so many from Google?

1. Altavista probably hasn't listed you yet because they're very slow as of late, so don't count them.

2. Google is the most popular engine, and it supplies secondary results to Yahoo, which is the most popular website.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums