SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Requesting Feedback for New META Search Engine (still beta) www.SearchWorm.com

We have a new Search Engine SearchWorm.com that will be going live very soon and are looking for your feedback.

There is still some code cleanup and the News section may need to be changed some but but the search engine is ready for testing.

Its a META engine ranking Google, MSN, Yahoo, AOL, and ASK results into one list. In other words, you have five search algorithms working for you all at once. I found that you rarely have to go to page two to find what you are looking for, which is really handy when doing any form of research.

We max it out at 100 or so results primarily because of the rare instance you need to go deeper than two or three pages. Google states millions of hits but that is only a "For Your Information" text. If you look at the page links (the Next part) it only goes 49 pages into the search before it stops.

There is a WIN integration coming live within the next month or so so I would like to get the kinks out of the search Engine before the traffic really hits.

Thanks For your responses.
    Search it. Find it. Win.
    SearchWorm.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice work!

Liked the numbering of the results. I always wanted that in google. Brought out sensible search results. Nice work!. Clean layout.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice work!

Liked the numbering of the results. I always wanted that in google. Brought out sensible search results. Nice work!. Clean layout.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and simple. Very fast results, I like it.

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what's up with the gping="/GLinkPing.aspx?/_1_9SE/1? in the urls from msn?

otherwise it's working well

what do you use for ranking? it looks like the url that is found in the most engines is at the top

for example, what if your first result url is way down in 3 or 4 engines, and your second result url is #1 in both google and yahoo, shouldn't that come first?
    r937.com | rudy.ca | Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill look into the MSN links.

It compares the ranking from all engines used. in other words if an item is very high on lal engines then it will probably be first in the results. ranking first on one or two engines does not necessarily giv it top rank. Wwe look at the whole not giving preference to any individual engine.

Thanks for the feedback so far.
    Search it. Find it. Win.
    SearchWorm.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Dump all the tables in favor of CSS, it will make it faster and more accessible...
    2. Don't try to be simple like Google, say on the home page what the search engine does (searches google, yahoo, msn...) and what makes it better. Read ThinkVitamin's article titled "What Would Google Do?" for more info.