SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[LAYOUT] Random in Order Blog Layout

Hey everyone. I've been working on these little crap designs for my blog. It's just a few weeks work, nothin much. I need your two cents on which layout to choose. Both are a work in progress.

In the first one I am going to put in some bullets and logos (maybe) and everything else that you see in the second layout.

The second layout is also a bit pending. I want all kinda crap in those sidebars. Like Currently reading list, currently listening list, my FLICKR sets, and all kinda S****. So suggest what's good so I can go ahead with the code.

And do some serious commenting. Tear it apart.
    Alright, don't tear it apart just comment honestly and help me out.

FIRST
    SECOND

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both of them are nice and it truth honesty I wouldn't know which one to choose. I like them because they are simple and clean. I guess it is a matter of mood. The blue gets a calmer, colder feeling, while the other uses warm colors, that may the user "feel" closer to whatever you write.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the first design.

I prefer the warmer colour scheme over the colder one. It feels more welcoming.

I also prefer the layout; it seems to have a better visual flow. The second design seems to be too blocky.

If I could change one thing on the first design, it would be the colour of "Anatomy of a blog" and "About the author" headings. They could be a little darker to increase contrast. They are a little hard to read at the moment.

If I could change two things on the first design, it would be the borders of the page. I don't like the brown colour too much. Maybe try changing it or using a different shade .

Overall, I think both designs are good, but design 1 has my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the first one but the heading seems a bit small for the amount of space that its content box takes up. The 2nd one is nice too, although it doesn't seem like there is enough space for content.

Visit docquesting.com docquesting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First design all around and good luck with it. The seconds shade of blue wanted to make me gag. Layout was not good either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the first one as most have said.

The reason I dislike the second one is mainly because the choice of colour. That blue isn't the nicest colour to look at, especially for a blog

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by syedasif
    Hey everyone. I've been working on these little crap designs for my blog. It's just a few weeks work, nothin much. I need your two cents on which layout to choose. Both are a work in progress.

In the first one I am going to put in some bullets and logos (maybe) and everything else that you see in the second layout.

The second layout is also a bit pending. I want all kinda crap in those sidebars. Like Currently reading list, currently listening list, my FLICKR sets, and all kinda S****. So suggest what's good so I can go ahead with the code.

And do some serious commenting. Tear it apart.
    Alright, don't tear it apart just comment honestly and help me out.

FIRST
    SECOND
    I like the second one. Even though the first one is good, The colour looks very normal.
    So I like the second one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your great comments everyone. The confusion prevails. Hence I skipped some work and got to work a new layout all together. Just one layout so confusion can be kept out. So check out the new layout in this same forum.

Thanks again for the comments.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are really good. Im not sure which one i like more because they are both ver clean and profeesional...good work man keep it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first one indeed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them very much - for some reason I think if you blended them together it would look awesome - the two colors from the layout go very well together.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first: change the font, not liking it; other than that, a good site the colors blend well.

second: I hate the colors (n/o); it really looks like a baby shower website or something