SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Need a Copyright Breach Notice

Can anyone give me some sort of copyright breach notice that i Can email people and their hosts when I find they have breached my copyright?
    Right now im finding a lot of people and their hosts are ignoring my emails on this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just my thoughts, don't just follow it blindly.You can

1. State that you are the creator of work they use.
    2. Ask them to produce the contract that is signed by you (creator) that transfers exclusive rights to them, or evidence that you were their employee when you created this work.
    3. Failure to mail proof of written contract to you within X days will be interpreted as admission that it doesn't exist.

I would email them first, if it doesn't help send it certified mail, assuming you are in the same country. Now, no matter how you word it they still can ignore it if they don't think there is anything you can do.
    *** This is not a legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in state of New York.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.google.com/dmca.html

That is a good starting point that covers the basics, you just need to change a few details when you send it to someone else.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty_kattt888
    Right now im finding a lot of people and their hosts are ignoring my emails on this issue.
    Also, if their hosts are outside the US then they don't have to follow the DMCA guidelines and you're essentially SOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty_kattt888
    Email really isn't that reliable anymore. You need to send DMCA notices by fax. If you get no response, send them by registered mail.