SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Win2000 printer prblems HEEEEELP!!!!!!

Man this pisses me off. I have 2 win2000 professional and a epson 680 printer. I have no domain, I have a workgroup and that's fine. Ok so I hook the damn printer up to one of the machines via USB and it works fine. So i share the printer on that machine and give it admin rights to everyone. I also activate the guest account and i'm logged in as admin. So I go sit at the other machine and try to install the damn printer there, well i install the drivers and it all goes fine. I add a new printer through the network as it is shared and i have the right drivers. I try to print a test page and i see that it spools on the machine I'm printing at not the machine with the printer installed and NOTHING happens. In the ports section i see that it's using the virutal USB port. I have tried to change the spooling to the other machine and i have downloaded new drivers from Epson.

If i try to add a TCP port it asks for the ip for the machine that has the printer so i enter it and it sits there for a while and then it says "not recognised" So what am I supposed to do. I have a win98 machine that works like a charm using the shared printer.

Any ideas..... This really kills me...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it is any good to you, but I am networked with 2 Win2k and a Win98 machine. One Win2k machine is connected to the printer, and once I want to print something (printer shared and everything), I need to login from my pc on the Win2k machine with the printer. If I do this once, and keep the two machines running, everything works like a charm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the same account details on both machines. Do you logon as a admin...?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both machines have a different admin, but I know the usernames and passwords for both of the machines. I am not sure, but I think creating a new user on the print-machine might do the trick as well. You just create an account for yourself (for printing purposes, and maybe some other stuff as well), and log on using that account. I never tried this, but it seems like a viable option.