SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well of course I'm going to be super nice to everyone down at the courthouse! I'd be killing my case if I didn't.

All I'm saying is people really do get tickets when they shouldn't. Whose to say I shouldn't have.

Reasonable doubt, when diplayed properly, will work.
    Besides, the cop won't show up most likely.

It'll be fun being a lawyer....

Houston, Tejas; Future Capital of the World
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Kyle_C
    This system has been tried and works in every state.
    Urban legend dude.
    1) Texas does not have a point system.
    2) Most states have a seperate database that, although linked, does not rely on the status from each other.

In the course of my job as a PI I have been behind the scenes at several state's DMV/DOT/etc offices that are responsible for the records. They laugh about this rumour, because apparantly 1 or 2 people a month try it. Here's what happens: If they send a refund check (and many times they do not, they consider it your screw up), and you don't cash it, no biggy. Notice that on all state and government checks there is a cash by date (usually 90, 180, or 365 days). If you don't cash it by then, the check is invalidated and they keep the refund differance.

Here's the Scope referance on it.http://www.snopes2.com/autos/law/ticket.htm
    Last edited by Steelsun; Nov 26, 2001 at 21:18.
    Brian Poirier
    SunStockPhoto: Stock Photos, Fine Art Photos, Event Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be right i'm truly not sur, this was given to me from a pretty reliable source within the mares office" In fact it's the mares sectary, whom I trust and know since childhood. I have never tried it (never needed to yet) but what can it hart to if some dose try? Nothing! so It may work or may not, Will not hart to loose 5 bucks in trying if some one needs to get out of the points.

Making a better wheel silver trophy DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You never know when they need a brake.....
    yeah, 'specially if they're speeding!
    Last edited by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR; Nov 26, 2001 at 22:37.
    - Matt ** Ignore old signature for now... **
    Dr.BB - Highly optimized to be 2-3x faster than the "Big 3."
    "Do not enclose numeric values in quotes -- that is very non-standard and will only work on MySQL." - MattR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This system has been tried and works in every state.. If you get a speeding ticket or went thought a red light or whatever the case may be, and you're going to get points on your drivers license. This is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is say $79.00 make the check out for more say $82.00 or some small amount over the fine.The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, however here is the TRICK" DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK !! Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your license until all financial transactions are NOT complete. The system has received its money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you. This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state. Send this to everyone you know. You never know when they need a brake.....
    yeah right!

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...?terms=license

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I understand it in Texas, the law states that if you contest the ticket, and the officer does not appear in court, chances are the ticket will not become part of your driving record, and possibly the fine is garnished. Well unless they passed a new law against this.

The issue is not that you were given a ticket, but that your insurance rate will increase, and could be substantial based on your age. Males are inclined to have higher insurance rates anyway. I have no idea why this is because some women drivers are far worse drivers than men.

The information for the office to contact on this matter is on the ticket itself and explains what process to follow to contest your ticket.

As a woman, I avoid getting tickets using one simple method, crying. Works everytime.

[Edit]

Sorry I just reread this thread and realized I repeated what everyone else said. *sigh*

Rock - you are right about the calibration. I saw this on the news in Austin and something SHOULD be done about it.
    Last edited by URAlly; Nov 30, 2001 at 15:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Any Ideas About Beating Speeding Tickets?

Originally posted by Rockrz
    I got a ticket the other night for 75 in a 65, but I was only going around 68 tops.
    One more thing: A DPS officer (in Houston) told me that an officer of the law will not pull over a person unless they are at least 7 miles over the speed limit. The paper work and money involved processing the ticket is not worth it to them. In my own experience, this is true. If you ever drive Mopac close to Parmer (Cops always there taking radar), you can get away with going 6 miles over but if you hit that 7th mile over, they WILL pull you over.

Call APD, or DPS and ask them. They will tell you what they will and will not tolerate from speeders.

Not that this will help you now, but words of advice for future reference.