SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menu keeps getting pushed down, amongst other issues!!

http://www.geocities.com/apdover/index2.html
    http://www.geocities.com/apdover/styles.css
    If you take a look at the link above in internet explorer u'll see the issue, basically I've got a rollover menu, with an image to the left of it, in firefox it comes out fine but in IE it jus seems to push the menu down a bit, obviously its some code i'm missing or not put in correctly, but i cant find out what'll fix it!! also, when i put a footer on, which it isnt at the moment, it seems to go underneath the right hand bar, even when i add the clear:right function. any ideas?
    and! finally, is there any way to remove the white space above the contacting title? i cant seem to work that out either. Cheers for any help in advance!
    Last edited by adover; Aug 5, 2006 at 07:53.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately you're gonna have a hard time getting your layouts to work cross browser due to the the js that Geocities inserts above your doctype which puts IE into quirks (broken box model) mode.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only put it on geocities as a temporary measure, just to show u guys, even when i preview it locally it behaves exactly the same!

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tyssen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the default top margin of #header-bottom ul. Try setting it to about 14px.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx a lot for that tyssen, worked perfect, and good guess with the 14px! spot on!! lol!! now, my next problem which Im struggling to work out is with a footer bar i want to put on for " 2006 etc etc", for some reason the <div> which holds both the main content and the sidebar doesnt stretch to the extents of the sidebar, so when i put a footer in it ends up overlapping the sidebar basically where the bottom of the main content ends!! any ideas?
    thanx again!