User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with design...

ok, i spent a few minutes making part of a design for my computer store. It isnt much but i am stuck. dont know what color to put on top of the bar (Where the logo will go), im not sure if the font looks good, and i need to think of a cool way to present sub links (ie systems->gaming, entertainment, content creation, custom) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: help with design...

Originally posted by dbeau70
    ...im not sure if the font looks good, ...
    It would help if the font were larger and if there were more contrast between the text and the background. Both are too dark and so, it's hard to read.

As for what font, that also depends on what 'spirit' you want to project about your service - fun? relaxed? stuffy? precise? cool? (etc.)

cheers,

Marj

applying the spf lotion V + E + R + T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I would recommend a more 'corporate' font. Comic Sans (or whatever the font is)... Isn't very appropriate if you are presenting a professional site. I would use something of the Arial, Verdana family.

A larger font size is recommended.

I have never seen a layout with a 'purple-lish' theme, and I think you might want to stick with the basic corporate colors (blue, white, etc.). But if the purple-colored theme looks good, then why not keep it!
    Proud SPF member since 2001!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had the same feeling about the font. Looks to much like a beginners site with comic sans. And about the purple, I like it... sony style.com is purple and white

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Please re-post your graphic for review after reviewing three others in the Site Elements forum: http://sitepointforums.com/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=89 - thanks!