User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE 6 Crashing ARGHHHH!!!!!

Hi,

I have really come to my whits end here.

I have been running IE 6 for a few months now and have had absalutly no complaints until about a week ago.

When ever I do a search (but not always) IE 6 crashes, even MS's TechNet site crashes it. Yet some sites are fine. Google.com work great. but yahoo.com, technet.micrsoft.com, audiogalaxy.com etc do NOT work. and I really wouldn't have a clue why.

It even crashes one of my search functions that I have built and there is NO client side scrpting invloved so it must be crashing while submitting or retrieving information.

Now I can't really do a search on this problem seeing that I do not have the ability to do one, lol.

Has anyone run in to this problem?

Thank in advance
    .NET Code Monkey

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had similar problems here but with Netscape. I was lucky if I could get it to open, let alone call up a site. The only thing we could attribute it to was a clash with another program on the system, though I never found out which one. Keith built me a new system recently and Netscape works fine on this one, however, there are a number of programs that I just haven't got round to installing yet, and I'm convinced that one of them will clash with Netscape!!

So, this may be a shot in the dark, but have you installed any new software lately?
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm I have started using a new FTP client, can't remember what it's called though

Ever since I installed then unistalled iMesh my system has been playing up, I think I might have to run a reinstall

Arghhhh!!!

.NET Code Monkey