SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please check my site for a particular CSS glitch

Hi there,

I have 5 machines - four of them have a 1400x900 resolution, and one of them has a 1024x768 res. I just checked my site in Firefox on the 1024x768 machine and the 'block-style' CSS nav menu displays very weirdly. It is fine on the same comp in IE6. It is fine once you have opened the page for the first time, but when you come to refresh the page, the nav menu comes out alignment and displays not quite right.

So I am asking, anyone with a 1024, 768 res comp with Firefox, please can you check my site for me

Kind Regards

James

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you meant the website that you have linked, then it's the same whether in high resolution or 1024 x 768. Unless you mean another site? please provide a link.
    In search of the clouds...and maybe some work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that it SHOULD be the same, no matter what res you are viewing it in.

Could it be something to do with the version of Firefox being used?

http://www.evolvewebsitedesign.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using 1024x768 with firefox 1.5.0.5. Didn't feel anything weird on your navbar.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, it seems like the first time when I had a look at it, your nav bars didn't load at all for me, so I saw no difference. Now, however, on firefox, your home button image is missing unless hovered over. And this problem isn't caused by any resolution problem. I am looking to see what the possible problem could be right now.

EDIT: The problem seems to be the image itself, http://www.evolvewebsitedesign.com/i...ttons/home.jpg, this image will not show on firefox, try to go to the link directly on firefox and it would not show, whereas the image will show on IE. I recommend reuploading the image.
    In search of the clouds...and maybe some work