User Tag List

Thread: Staying safe

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staying safe

I'm planning on launching a social-networking site very soon and want to protect myself. Thanks to teenagers these sites can be a good target for a lawsuit (thanks to rapists and other issues), so I really want to guard myself well.

The route I'm going is to leave warnings and policies everywhere I can...especially around messaging regions. Would writing a very detailed terms of use stating specifically that we are not liable for your interactions cover me?

Even if I had myself covered with the terms could I still go to court because some dumb 13 year old decided to meet a 45 year old man and get raped?

Need some input badly.

Oh, and by the way: I want my studio to be the center for all of the legal responsibilities. Would i be able to leave the copyright statement as "copyright 2006 mystudio" or would it have to be "copyright mysite.com"? I want it to be clear that the site is property of my studio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you need to make an appointment with a lawyer. No one here is qualified to give legal advice.