SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Spam report?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spam report?

Is there some way I could get an instant spam rating report or something for an e-mail?

One of my clients is in content sales, and it wasn't long before we found out that "sale[s]" was a huge spam trigger.

So, are there any online free tools that could give an instant report, or how I could go about starting off for CREATING one?
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Install SpamAssassin on one of your servers, and send the mail to yourself (from another server, I don't think local mail gets scored). Check the headers for the spam score and all the reason codes. SpamAssassin is what most people using their own domains through a web host will have for filtering.

To test whether or not it's spammy enough to trigger filters at the free e-mail hosts, set up test accounts at each and send the mail to them. See if it goes to the inbox or the spam box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman
    Install SpamAssassin on one of your servers, and send the mail to yourself (from another server, I don't think local mail gets scored). Check the headers for the spam score and all the reason codes. SpamAssassin is what most people using their own domains through a web host will have for filtering.

To test whether or not it's spammy enough to trigger filters at the free e-mail hosts, set up test accounts at each and send the mail to them. See if it goes to the inbox or the spam box.

Okay I will try the whole mail to self and see what happens but as for others, such as hotmail, it's a bit troublesome to do that sort of thing...
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter