SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review htmltophp.com. All inputs are welcome.

Hello All,

I've just developed http://htmltophp.com.
    What do you think? All inputs are welcome.

Thank you in advance for your kindness.
    Rizky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site doesn't display correctly in Firefox (I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.5)
    Also, your page should contain a doctype in the top of the source code
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html

Other than that I like the overal layout.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background si real nice, but you have too much BLUE. and try using Red in teh headline, suppsively it creates the best conversionx.
    "The College Marketer"
    I'm 20 years old and I can make $3,155 anytime I want!
    Want to know how!
    The Internet Marketer's Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The home page is quite long, and to be honest I lost interest after scrolling down a couple of times. Maybe to keep interest try splitting your content in to several pages and having links available to get to them? This will also help to reduce download time. Try using the larger headings as a guide of when to make a new page for the content and link that instead.

You have lots of embedded fonts and colours - try using an external stylesheet to help with maintainability and also download time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, it is too long, you'd better to use some menus to show different contents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that there is too much information on the webpage. I would actually suggest a complete rewrite - it's just too wordy. Part of it is also repetitive (convert HTML to PHP, Convert HTML to ASP, etc.). Why don't you try putting this into a table rather than a big long list of convert to, convert to....etc. On a website less is more...people just aren't going read all that.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like a lot of content

but I do agree - page is too long and the design - sorry - looks a little heavy handed... centered bold text does 'scream' at your visitors and takes up too much display space.

A slight re-organisation and some work on the layout would be good
    GRAPHICEYEDEA.CO.UK
    Looking for a course in London?
    join us for 2010/11 now: design for the web (course website)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With apache you can simply use this directive rather than "converting" all your website pages:
    Code:
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site displays correctly in IE, but in FF there isnīt any padding at all.
    The machine would not make a mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too simple, one of the bad "sell only" sites...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple comments:

The overall design is good. Needs some work (see below) to be cross browser compatible. Think about ditching the tables for XHTML/CSS.

Regarding the above comments about it being too long/wordy, I disagree. With this type of site it has been proven that long sales copy sells, and sells MUCH better than short sales copy.

And the same thing applies regarding the comments about splitting the site into seperate pages. Each time you make your visitors click to continue (ie. next page) you lose something like 50% (don't remember the exact stat) of your visitors. To those that wouldn't read it all, you probably aren't the target audience. Those people that are interested in the product will read every bullet and every sentence to make sure it is what they are looking for. The sales letter must convert the visitors from a "just looking" mode to a buying mode, so it needs to be long and needs to answer all their questions. If the visitors leave, they probably won't come back to buy later.

Speaking of the copy, the sales copy could use some work to tighten it up. The headline especially reads like it was created using a "headline generator". For one thing, use specific figures instead of generic terms like 99%. Also, make sure you feature a benefit (ie. What's in it for me?) not a feature (ie. will save X time). Your headline can make or break the site. Maybe something like this:
    "Airgola HTML to PHP converter software will EASILY save webmasters an average of 13 hours as it INSTANTLY converts your old HTML code to PHP script, leaving you more time for the marketing your site" and a smaller subhead "Now not just PHP, also converts to ASP, CGI, PERL, JSP and JavaScript as well!" Definately use H1 and H2 tags to designate your headlines as that is helpful for SEO as well.

Problems:
    -no margin in FF on left
    -Use XHTML/CSS not tables for this type of site - MUCH better for SEs IMO and is easy to do for this type of site
    -header and footer do not extend the entire width in FF
    -Buy button has a box around it - get rid of the box and just have the button
    -test your price, but prices ending in 7 have proven to sell the best, although 9 is close if I recall. $119.88 and $53.28 seems like numbers that were pulled out of a hat (like the 66.60 discount - not a good idea to use 66.60 as suprisingly a lot of people are still superstitious about 666)
    -lastly - get your subscription box up in the first fold (initial display) of the page somewhere. That is the only way you can contact people if they leave the site without buying, so make it prominent on one side or the other right near the top. At the bottom it competes with your "Buy" button, and makes people decide which one, but at the top they can sign up for the newsletter and still continue on to buy if they'd like. If you don't want it right near the top, go down no less than one page, and interupt the sales letter - don't say "while you are at it" say "Take a quick second (or time-out) to sign up for our newsletter now, and you'll get XXXXXXXXX"

As a side note, "sell only" sites are not bad sites - while some aren't that pretty, and may not appeal to the average internet surfer, to the person looking for the product or information being sold, they can be a god-send.