SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

programming software

I am a seasoned web site designer and love designing I tried a bit of programming recently but it is not my cup of tea -

is there programming software out there that will do the work for us designers...i.e we design the site the software adds the database driven end to the design...????
    Last edited by Ceylan; Jul 31, 2006 at 23:50. Reason: duplicate
    Ceylan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean like a WYSIWYG programming app? I don't think there's anything like that on the general scale (ie. click button to add shopping cart code). There are apps out there that have some code built in so you can type shortcuts and it will insert the appropriate code you want (like mysql inserts, etc) but you still need to know what you're doing. It's not like Dreamweaver where you can click on the icon for an image, table or whatever and it puts the code in there ... there is much more complexity in programming than could be put into a click-to-add piece of software.

I would recommend picking up a few books on the subject, learn the basics and then look into software that will help you code better and improve productivity. Otherwise look at hiring someone to do the programming for you for each project. There is no magic piece of software out there that will just add the appropriate back-end code you need. Correction, there PROBABLY isn't anything out there ... I was wrong when I said that there is no magic application that would generate a logo for you by clicking a button. Of course the app is nowhere near generating a professional logo, but there is software that will do that. :P
    Kevin Hauge : Modern Leaf Design : Follow Us on Facebook
    Client Axis v.08 - client / project management script

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you, yes I figured I'd have to learn some basics

I've decided to use a programmer-

I would love to learn some basics of programming - any book recommendations?
    Ceylan

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceylan
    thank you, yes I figured I'd have to learn some basics

I've decided to use a programmer-

I would love to learn some basics of programming - any book recommendations?
    I think that depends. What kind of server do you host websites on? If you are interested in Microsoft technologies I would invest in a few of the Microsoft Press books on C# and SQL Server.

If you are interested in Linux and PHP, I would look at Beginning PHP5 and MySQL.

Hope that helps!