1 7.14%
  • Break up

13 92.86%
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

relationship advice

ok ppl, i've been going out with this girl for three years and I real getting sick of making out and shes starting to notice. I don't even know if i really like the her anymore. I have fun with her, but i think it comes a point where we should split paths just for the sake of it. We are both away at different college are meeting new people (tension), but hesitant to break up. I've wanted to in tha path but keep chickening out, but then later realize I really love her, it's weird like that. She asked me the other night if I saw her in my future. I said "who knows", "not marriage". She acted hurt, because most of her friends are planning on getting married even with three years left of college, I think thats absurd. I don't even want to think of getting married. After I said that she asked me what the point of us even going out if there isn't a goal. I said as long as we are both having fun and being positive. So, tomorrow I want to see harry potter with her and she wants to make out again. I dunno, do any of you get sick of making out with someone for three years? If I say no I don't want to make out, she'll get mad and think I don't love her or thinks shes sexy. I want to see harry potter. Maybe I want to be just friends. I dunno, right now I want us to be over, but I'm a chicken, but maybe I'm just in on of those moods that will pass. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by dethfire; Nov 24, 2001 at 01:36.
    Free Science Homework Help
    http://www.physicsforums.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make it sound like a chore to be with her, so break up. Everything you said suggests you want to, stop being a <edit> and do it. It's the best thing for you, and for her in the long run. Sure she will be hurt, but it might prevent her from wasting her life thinking she is in something long term.

Relationships can be : - luckily I found the right one and I treasure every second I have with her
    Last edited by mjames; Nov 24, 2001 at 10:58.
    Wolfmother.net - Wolfmother Fan Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you find making out a chore??? your weird!!!
    if you arent happy tell her so, nfact you are probably better off telling her what you have posted then just breaking up with cause you dont know what you want...

Whistler BC originally from Guelph Ontario
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think about it...take a break...I know that sounds lame...but a month apart will make a world of difference to both of you. She could just be holding on because of habit and you just don't want to look at it in the face...

Its sounds like a breakup and to be honest at 18 (Around that right) you have alot in front of you to worry about rather than marrage ...

Enjoy your youth while you still can and it 'helps' being single.
    Maelstrom Personal - Apparition Visions
    Development - PhP || Mysql || Zend || Devshed
    Unix - FreeBSD || FreeBsdForums || Man Pages
    They made me a sitepoint Mentor - Feel free to PM me or Email me and I will see if I can help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maelstrom's hit the head.
    take a break for a little while. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    If you really like her, you'll want her back.
    And if she really likes you, she should understand and respect your requests of her. If you don't wanna site and make out the whole movie tell her so, and say it's not her, and that she is sexy (only if you think so too though)
    Defender's Designs
    I'm Getting Married!

Not-so-patiently awaiting Harry Potter Book 7 *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really want to get into this but I want to add my advice.

I was going out with this great girl, not for 3 years like you, but needless to say we were head over heels. Then all of a sudden, every little thing she did really really annoyed. I could barely look at her. We broke up.

All of a sudden I realised I had been a complete idiot and wanted her back, because I still loved her. Luckily she said yes, and we are still together and very happy.

To me it sounds like you are bored. In which case I would do everything in your power to spice things up. you have been with this girl for along time so there is obsviously something very special between you.

Just don't give it all away unless you are sure.

And just so you know, whilst writing this, I managed to burn my potatoes for my tea. !!

I swear to drunk I'm not God.
    Matt's debating is not a crime
    Hint: Don't buy a stupid dwarf Clicky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're not having too much fun with her.. I understand the tension with college life. I also agree with you that getting married with 3 more years to go with school is outrageous.

I'm a senior in college and I don't want to graduate and leave this place because of how much I enjoy being here. This is the period that you will always look back to as the most fun: going to bars, parties, being on your own, meeting people, etc.

I'd choose to break-up, but this is completely my opinion. Go out, have some fun. Meet new people, but please don't drag her on as a 'backup' if things don't work out. If you're going with this decision, be sure that you're aware of all the consequences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Mum of three daughters, I would suggest a break, (which will probably result in a breakup anyway) You are obviously bored with the situation, she doesn't turn you on anymore.

Just be diplomatic in the way you handle it. Who knows, she might also welcome a break herself and if I was in her situation, I would want time out from you and your attitude

Go see Harry Potter with a mate if that makes you happy