User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review e-Smartz site

Hi,

I've finally got out site up e-Smartz and we'd really appreciate you havign a look.

We'd reather find out now that it doesn't work or isn't liked so don't hold back - we're grown ups we can take it.

Cheers,

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can i say. Relly great design(proffesionals). Evreything looks fine, easy to navigate and for me it was easy to read content. Keep up good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sexy looking site. I personally find all the movement of content flying in and out all the time a bit disorientating - but some people might like it. If you think the type of users who will be coming to the site will like it then it's ok.

It's a bit confusing trying to determine what I can click on or not. You have the orange colour used when hovering over a link for most things (hovering over Portfolio application/sites don't go orange??), and you've also used the orange colour for highlighting keywords. Maybe need a different colour for hovering and keywords.. and something to tell me it's a link without having to hover.

A <title> value for the page would be good to put in too!

hope that helps,
    michelle

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

I take you comments on board about the orange text - we're having another look at that and might just take it out.

We're actually going to change the whole layout of the services page - it's just not working at all really.

I was hoping the animations didn't detract from the site - were there any in particular that may need looking at again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice idea, but what about centering the entire page and use pixel fonts, the current fonts are blurry. I would also change the left navigation, the buttons are too plain.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the site centred for a bit but it looked wierd so we moved it back to the top left. The next version will be liquid flash.

Fonts and Flash!!!! Makes me want to scream sometimes!!!!!!! We're going to experiment more with the embeding and aliasing.

hanks for having a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With good pixel fonts itīs very easy to make them look sharp and crisp - try these: http://www.fontsforflash.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had another look, and the only problem with the animations is that i'm finding is them quite slow to load on the Expertise and Solutions pages. I can count a good few seconds before the page is finished.
    I noticed that in IE 6 you have % markers to show the status of loading, however when I viewed it in Firefox 1.5.0.5 I couldn't see these markers and was unaware that the page was still loading.. some may be inclined to leave or go to next if they think the page is finished.

I like the dark blue colour used on the Solutions pages for "your customers", "your business", "your technology" headings, and thought maybe the darkness with white text could be used more throughout to make the headings stand out a bit more? These headings look more clear and crisp.

As it has been suggested by others, the fonts are a little fuzzy and perhaps a bit small. And considering the entire site is flash, and quite non-accessible - users don't have the option to increase font size.. so making the fonts larger would be quite advantagous.

michelle

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solutions can be a bit slow but that depends on the client computer. We're aware of that but couldn't resist using the cool animation. May have to drop it.

In expertise we've actually got a pause so there's enough time to read the text before the animation starts. Thats why you didn't see the preloader as it has alreday loaded, but is waiting to start. May have to rethink that bit, but clients probably won't view the site more than once or twice. (Seems a bit silly to spend so long building it really).

Fonts, flash, font sizes - always a prob. Think we're going to have to live with the fonts.

As version 2 will be liquid flash so we'll be able to vary the font size.

Thanks for getting back

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking site. I personally find all the movement of content flying in and out all the time a bit disorientating - but some people might like it. If you think the type of users who will be coming to the site will like it then it's ok. It's a bit confusing trying to determine what I can click on or not. You have the orange colour used when hovering over a link for most things (hovering over Portfolio application/sites don't go orange??), and you've also used the orange colour for highlighting keywords. Maybe need a different colour for hovering and keywords.. and something to tell me it's a link without having to hover.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the feel of it...but...

Seems like there is way too much 'outer glows' on the heading...makes them look funny...a header should stand out strong...

The menu looks like an afterthought. The page is very cool and subtle colors, then the menu is sharp warm colors...and square edges...I know you may want to draw attention to the menu, but it should still 'feel' like it belongs in the page.

Its good overall though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice design.