SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter whether its a link or not. If you do not have explicit permission to download the graphics from their site and display them on your own, you are breaking the law. One day it may be your intellectual property being stolen. Also when you figure in the cost of bandwidth your stealing from them to "pipe" in the graphic to your site the associated lost costs and lost potential profits can be astronomical over time.

The proper way to do this is to first ask and receive permission for your idea. If they deny you the privilige of using their graphics then you need to abandon the idea and just provide a link to their page.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I wanted to pipe into my site a daily cartoon. Each day at twistedhumor.com a new cartoon is posted. Is there a way to pipe the cartoon into my site without having to go to their site take the pic put it on my page and then upload again. I guess I am asking about how to feed images into my site. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Scarlet

ps. Thanks wluke for the advice on my table in my page. I did what you said and they look they alot better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% sure, and depending on your web host, I think you might be able to use SSI to grab the image, but maybe someone else here will be able to give you a better answer

However, I would be VERY careful about piping into other sites like this. Make sure that you are not infringing their Copyright by using their images on your site. Otherwise, you can probably expect a letter from their lawyer...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Saltire I will look into SSI, also I am not too concerned with the copywrite thing. I am planning on making the image a link to the site where it comes from. So I don t think they will be too upset. Twistedhumor.com has a banner program for which I have already subscribed and included on tnhe web-site.