SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our portfolio - www.wavestudio.eu

Hello,
    we would be very happy to get some feedback on our portfolio site www.wavestudio.eu . It is using PHP/MySQL and AJAX.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
    Peter & Bob
    Last edited by Wave studio; Aug 1, 2006 at 02:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, we are waiting for reviews...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, itīs simple, which I like, but more attention to detail would be better. I like the scroll of the portfolio, but the screenshots are too small. The contactforum is very basic, and the font size is not the same as the rest of the site. I would also include a background image of some sort for the entire page, the white background is just too plain. There should definately be more content, is this a company? Show us who you are, info on the company, services, design ideas, and so on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall i like the site. I liked how you had handled the Portfolio and Logo pages, they were however a little slow and perhaps not the best way for people to view your work. It's a nifty way of doing things but potential clients might not always appreciate how these things work and find them cumbersome. That may be something to think about anyway It was nice how the thumbnails expanded, maybe you could put a text link or just a line beneath it though "click to expand" or similar? I clicked it thinking it might take me to the site.

I like the nav block excluding the font. The font used for the links there is kinda squarish and pointy which didn't seem to match the style of the rest of the site.

Perhaps you could make the "WAVE STUDIOS" text on the left stand out more? It is a little too well blended in my oppinion.

Finally, i would suggest altering the size of the font on the contact form to match that of the rest of the site.

I like what you've got going here. Nice colour scheme.

-- Osprey

Edit: Forgot to mention, you may also consider making the links on the portfolio page to the websites you have created open in new windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wii, thanks, we will try to add some content, we were also thinking of that background before, so we will change it.

Osprey, probably using AJAX in portfolio is not good solution, we will probably change it. About the expanding thumbnails. There is a javascript which should make a box under the cursor "click to enlarge", but we need to improve this too. We will be thinking about using another fonts. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's too small in dimensions, very few info.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, The site doesnt look bad at all, but you need a more professional touch there. The very simple layout you are using there maybe the best choices for normal websites, but yours isnt. Its there to show your work, and those who would want to hire you wont think about accessibility or how simple is your site as much as they would care about how 'cool' your work is. Keep it simple, but yes, make it WAY more visually appealing.

Hope this helped a little, Best of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work!