SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems pasting FORM into Dreamweaver (sample code attached)

I'm trying to paste in an "ORDER" button from my Yahoo! store database, but Dreamweaver seems to somehow change the code.

I've spoken to Yahoo! twice, and they've helped me isolate it to something my DW8 configuration is doing. Here's the simple code I'm trying to paste in:

<form method="post" action="<!--#ystore_order id="pbn0070" -->"><input type="submit" value="Order"></form>

This should display an "ORDER" button (it pulls it from the Yahoo! store database). However, when I paste it into code view, I get the button plus
    <" characters before it, and it doesn't work (the button doesn't take you to the shopping cart.

When Yahoo pastes the same code into a test page (not using Dreamweaver, everything works. e.g., they created this page, which works:

http://www.pulversbriar.com/test.html

Now when I paste the code above into my "test" page using my DW8 configuration, here is what I get:

http://www.pulversbriar.com/gallery1.htm

notice, the "ORDER" button on the first pipe has the extraneous "> characters next to it, and doesn't work. I can't see anything wrong with the source code.

As far as I can determine, I have DW configured not to change my source code. I pasted in these same type of buttons on another site (www.thelmasart.com) and had no problem (using the same DW setup)... they work fine.

This one has been driving me nuts since last weekend... so any help MUCH appreciated!

thanks

steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I may have found a workaround solution for this. I went to my first site, the one that works, and discovered it has completely different code for the order button... looks like this:

<form method="post" action="http://order.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bin/wg-order?yhst-4668639574xxxx+pbn0070"><input type="submit" value="Order"></form>

and when I copied that code over, modified the yahoo store # and product #... it WORKS.

Now this leaves unexplained why this code is different (i got it from the same place), and why Yahoo didn't know about this. When i figure it out, I'll post...

-steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The code was different because 2 months ago, I used the Dreamweaver Yahoo! stores extension to generate the first "order" button. I still don't see why it didn't work, since the code looks "as specified" on the server. But at least I now have a solution that works. I can't believe that two >1hr sessions with Yahoo, we didn't stumble across this (AND that I didn't think to check the other site sooner).

This is just another reason to move away from the Yahoo! stores soution, and to a MySQL/database driven site, with a bona-fide shopping cart under it

-steve

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Nadia P's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <!--#ystore_order id="pbn0070" -->"><input type="submit"

see this: >"><

the > in the middle shouldn't be there I wouldn't think... that's why it probably shows up in the browser...

could that be the problem or was it a typo on your part?

nadia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn of code rewriting in the Preferences.