SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickbank help

From the Clickbank Marketplace I get url's like

http://hop.clickbank.net/?myname/merchantsname

from every merchant I would like to be affiliated with.

Then I went to one merchants website, and on the affiliate program page they wanted me to give them my clickbank id and an email address. Then the merchant gave me another url : http://merchant.com/affpage/myname.htm

The second url just redirects to the first (with a delay page with my name, email and nickname).

Is there any difference in in using these urls except for the delay page?

And from the clickbank marketplace I can get urls for all merchant without any kind of approval from the merchant. Am I 'pre-approved' for all merchants, or do I have to go to the merchants affiliate page and provide them with whatever information they want before they will give me commissions.

At last I wonder if I can link to merchants from whatever website I run, email lists, etc, in addition to the website I have registered with Clickbank.

I can't fin any of this information in the client contract and paycheck policy.

Thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not contact clickbank and ask them?

I am sure they could put your mind at rest

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am using ClickBank too and once you signup as a affiliate, you are pre-approved for every merchant CB have. You don't have to contact each merchant individually to have their affiliate links.

Secondly, I would recommend the link that you are given at CB MarketPlace compared to the one provided from the Merchant's website because it is not necessary for each merchant to be honest, may be they have some sort of script or so that refines the referral link.

At last I wonder if I can link to merchants from whatever website I run, email lists, etc, in addition to the website I have registered with Clickbank.
    I can't fin any of this information in the client contract and paycheck policy.
    Yes you can put links to merchants from any website you may like.

-Omair
    36Host.com - $36/year web hosting [affiliates earn 30%]
    * Affordable Small Business Web Hosting since 2003! *
    "500mb space, 10gb bandwith, 50 pop/ftp accounts, php,
    mysql, pre-installed php scripts, 24/7 support & more...."