User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accurate SEO Tool

Hi,

Has anyone come across an SEO tool that accurately compares sites' SEO values? In other words, a tool you could compare a handful of competing sites with for which it would rank in the same order the search engines do. (I.e. a search engine emulator! )

I've used Web CEO and it's OK but could be a whole lot better.

Thanks.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eoge
    Has anyone come across an SEO tool that accurately compares sites' SEO values? In other words, a tool you could compare a handful of competing sites with for which it would rank in the same order the search engines do. (I.e. a search engine emulator! )
    Why don't you just search directly on the search engine?

Since none of the major search engines have open algorithms, it's impossible to write a program that does what you ask.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Kailash Badu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no such thing as an accurate SEO tool.

However, if WEBCEO didnít live up to you expectations, try IBP.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman
    Since none of the major search engines have open algorithms, it's impossible to write a program that does what you ask.
    I appreciate this. But when I saw Web CEO I saw the potential for such a system and wondered if there was anything better.

How do people go about comparative studies then? For example, I'd like to look at the top 10 sites for my keywords and see what it is they have in common that I don't. (I'm talking statistical data such as keyword positions and densities in different elements.)

Thanks for your help.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Kailash Badu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eoge
    How do people go about comparative studies then? For example, I'd like to look at the top 10 sites for my keywords and see what it is they have in common that I don't. (I'm talking statistical data such as keyword positions and densities in different elements.)
    IBP does exactly that.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... a little off topic here, you can just use SEO Quake (Firefox Extension) then go to both of the sites and use it for keyword comparison, Pagerank, Google, Yahoo, MSN, Alexa, and some other stuff.

It's one of my favorite tools for SEO. Hope this helps somewhat.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IBP is very helping, u can go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im also using IBP before nice tool.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IBP is very good tool

Error 404: Life not found silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this been bumped by people trying to inflate their post count?

Whatever, I'd still like to ask if anyone has used both IBP and WebCEO (which is what I use) and can give a better analysis on the differences between them.

Why is one better than the other?

Anyone?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there

I disagree with the comments for IBP, that software gives webmasters some very misleading information, and can in fact cause bad habits, alll the software does is look at the top 10 sites on google and compares them, it doesnt take many other factors into account, so its not in any way accurate anyway.

SEO software isnt popular, and the reason for that is because it doesnt work !

Woc
    ]

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, using SEO tool is fine as long as you dont stick to it and just use it as basis for your evaluation.. its really up to you. coz some tools are useful. do not remain stagnant to what you are using..and try to explore more of tools that you think will benefit you and try to gather some feedbacks regarding that tool before you use it..

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by potpot View Post
    IMO, using SEO tool is fine as long as you dont stick to it and just use it as basis for your evaluation.. its really up to you. coz some tools are useful. do not remain stagnant to what you are using..and try to explore more of tools that you think will benefit you and try to gather some feedbacks regarding that tool before you use it..
    Exactly you can use certain tools to help you with some SEO task when using the right tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find I use WEbCEO more for the number crunching repetitive tasks that would take me hours more than I use it to actually guide me through an analysis. Like any tool, it's only as good as it's user.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMcClure View Post
    Has this been bumped by people trying to inflate their post count?

Whatever, I'd still like to ask if anyone has used both IBP and WebCEO (which is what I use) and can give a better analysis on the differences between them.

Why is one better than the other?

Anyone?
    I have been trying both. And even tried SEO Elite.
    To answer your question I need to know what do you need software to do. Because some features are better in one of them, others in another.

As for me WebCEO is more comprehensive. But I do not use all of its features all the time. What I use are Ranking check, Link check and partners' links monitoring (sometimes I buy links, but tssss it is a BIG secret ), and HitLens (this is traffic analizator). And sometimes I use built-in FTP-uploader

And of course its reports! With my clients I use Report Viewer and it is the easiest way to provide them with the reports I have seen.

If you need more detailed description just ask

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toe_DF View Post
    I have been trying both. And even tried SEO Elite.
    To answer your question I need to know what do you need software to do. Because some features are better in one of them, others in another.

As for me WebCEO is more comprehensive. But I do not use all of its features all the time. What I use are Ranking check, Link check and partners' links monitoring (sometimes I buy links, but tssss it is a BIG secret ), and HitLens (this is traffic analizator). And sometimes I use built-in FTP-uploader

And of course its reports! With my clients I use Report Viewer and it is the easiest way to provide them with the reports I have seen.

If you need more detailed description just ask
    I mostly use it for the same things that you do. I use it to help competitive SEO analysis once I'm past the initial keyword finding stage (because it's rubbish for that) and for monitoring.