User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Critiques Welcome: Dedicated Entertainment

Hi all,

I have just posted up the site for my client Dedicated Entertainment. They produce and host comedy shows in the New York/New JErsey area. Crtiques would be much appreciated on every aspect of the site.

<a href="http://www.dedicatedent.com"> Dedicated Entertainment </a>

Joey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, but maybe you should fix the horizontal scroll, I have 1280x1024 px resolution and it still scrolls horizontally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website looks extremely basic you need to work harder on it. First I the roll-overs in the navigation isn't quite that good. You should make it like when a user rolls over, the image above it becomes colorful. There are plenty of blank spaces on the right side of your lay, so you should fix that as well. The site contents looks cool to me, and don't use <h1> tags, because in IE they look bit too big.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mouseovers on the menu up top behaves differently in IE and Firefox. In IE when you mouse over the menu items it does the mouseover correctly, but in Firefox the mouseovers pop any where above the menu. Site, looks good except for maybe the mouseover menus, which I'm sure you're not completed anyway.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (viewed with FF 1.05 / 1024x768 unless otherwise noted)

The font size is a little large overall, maybe bring everything down a size?

The navigation ID is causing the horizontal scroll - not sure if that is due to the rollover graphic or what, but that goes well over into no man's land to the right.

I would make it a little narrower, to fit on a 1024x768 layout minus space for the vertical scrollbar (30-40 px).

Definately think the nav menu rollover would work better if it colorized the header graphic instead of obscuring it.

Is there something behind the logo D? It looks like a shoulder or something on the left hand side? - nm - I see that the header graphic extends to either side. Interesting idea, not sure it works so great in practice with the logo on top. That also explains why the nav menu doesn't colorize a section of the header image, since they don't move horizontally the same when the page is stretched. I would think about making the relationship there fixed and just have the header image extend to the right. I would start the image just to the right of the D logo, not behind it, and the menu about 50-100px over from that.

The layout breaks in IE6, with the Hilton Hotel picture dropping down below the left hand text. The Nav menu is also over farther in IE6.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behnkem
    (viewed with FF 1.05 / 1024x768 unless otherwise noted)

I would make it a little narrower, to fit on a 1024x768 layout minus space for the vertical scrollbar (30-40 px).

The layout breaks in IE6, with the Hilton Hotel picture dropping down below the left hand text. The Nav menu is also over farther in IE6.
    I made the site with using flexible css, so that the content would look decent on large and small monitors. I will pull it in a little narrower, but it should be doing it automatically, at least it did here. Thanks for the input on the bar, I will play with that and make it better.