SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've written this simple, or what seems like simple, javascript fo check a form and make sure that certain info is entered. I have used this same script for a ton of forms, and never had a problem with it, so I know the script is fine and works. The error I am getting is "document.wizard has no properties". Wizard is the name atribute of my form. The form is quite large, and is in a table so it looks good. The table is nested at the end of the large table so users can choose a table format for the code wizard that I am developing. In other words, my script spits out code for a webring link display. I removed the table from the form, and the script works fine, so somehow, the table is screwing with the DOMs for the form elements. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your form tags have to be outside the table tags that hold the actual form elements. SO you need to have:
    <form action="dostuff">
    <table>
    <!--Rows, Columns forms stuff here -->
    </table>
    </form>

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the way that I have it set-up. I also tried to remove the nested set at the end of the large table, and seperated out the other "samples" and it worked up to the point where the tables were nested. Then the script stops when it comes to the nested point with the same error message. Looks like the nesting of the tables is what is screwing it up. What the heck is up with that? and is there a way to take a "snapshot" of the page as it looks so I can make gif's for the nested parts on a Mac?

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about the on the Mac but if you want a screen capture on a Windows PC you just hit Print Screen. It sounds like your having a problem with your table code somewhere. If you post the location of the page several of us would be happy to look at it and check your source for you.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited March 24, 2000).]