SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile www.lastproxy.com - Dual Proxy Design review! Please!

Update:

Since my last post, I have managed to finish the site. Please visit http://www.lastproxy.com and let me know what you think.

My most important question is about the placement of Adsense blocks: is the current placement effectiveenough? I mean do you think the visitor can pick out the ads and click it? I've seen tons of proxy sites on Sitepoint that have ads all over the places with the intention of ... tricking the users to click on the adsense (this is my personal opinion, I don't mean to bash anyone!) What I want to have is a cleaner, more pleasant looking proxy site than a quick fix, hastily done site with tons of thrown in ads. However, "does the aesthetic part justify for the effectiveness of the ads" is my main concern.

I put a Yahoo RSS news feed towards the end of the page to get some fresh contents so that the adsense can vary instead of the same old unchanged ads. What do you think?

Thanks!!!!

Updated Screenshot & Comments

Hello,

I'm working on a proxy site -- this is my first one. Here is my template screencast. Critics are very welcome!

For the Google/ Text ads below the input box, I wonder how easy it is to customize the Google text ads -- like background color, text style, ect.?

Cheers!
    Last edited by sr3d; Aug 1, 2006 at 23:10. Reason: Update about the site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sr3d
    Hello,

I wonder how easy it is to customize the Google text ads -- like background color, text style, ect.?
    To edit background and color there is no problem and it is easy, but for rest there you have problem. You cant change style of your text. Ofcourse you can try css but before that you schould read adsense policy. I suggest you to register at adsense and check out evrything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the web 2.0 look. To make so much red look good isn't easy, but you did it.

About Google ads, there are limitations in the customization, and there is a reason: is against their policy try to merge the ads in your site, in other words, try to pass them as another link in your site to get more clicks. I don't think you'll be able to get that exact look (they don't look like ads at all) but I can't really be 100% sure, since I don't use it myself.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    adris,

thanks for the kind words. If it's possible, can you do a revisit to the site and tell me what you have in mind!

Alex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your site.