SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shorthand "Text" Property

    Hey there...

    Does anyone know what is the shorthand (if any) for the text property??

  2. #2
    [Biped] LJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In My Jammies
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi -
    It's the font property...

    {font: style weight variant size/line-height "font", "families", defaultfamilyname;}

    Have fun,
    El
    F-Fox 2.0 :: WIN :: el design :: US

  3. #3
    SitePoint Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I haven't found a shorthand property for text as of now...
    this site is really useful though already - http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-fr...operties.shtml
    If anyone finds it, please share it.
    In search of the clouds...and maybe some work

  4. #4
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LJK
    Hi -
    It's the font property...

    {font: style weight variant size/line-height "font", "families", defaultfamilyname;}

    Have fun,
    El
    No... I'm looking for the one for "text-align" etc.

    I'm beginning to think there isn't one.

  5. #5
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kefeso
    Unfortunately I haven't found a shorthand property for text as of now...
    this site is really useful though already - http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-fr...operties.shtml
    If anyone finds it, please share it.
    Nice site... thanks for the link.

  6. #6
    Guru Meditation Error gnarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cheltenham, United Kingdom
    Posts
    692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm beginning to think there isn't one.
    Correct.
    Olly Hodgson
    thinkdrastic.net

  7. #7
    [Biped] LJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In My Jammies
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No... I'm looking for the one for "text-align" etc.
    My bad...
    F-Fox 2.0 :: WIN :: el design :: US

  8. #8
    Brevity is greatly overrated brandaggio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead)
    Hey there...

    Does anyone know what is the shorthand (if any) for the text property??
    I am not exactly sure if I know what you mean.

    If you are asking if there is a shorthand of text as there is border and font that would allow you to specify text-align, text-shadow, text-decoration, text-transform and so on - up to CSS 2.1 - there is not - you use them individually.

    There may be something spec'd out for the future, but I don't know off hand.

  9. #9
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wozbk
    I am not exactly sure if I know what you mean.

    If you are asking if there is a shorthand of text as there is border and font that would allow you to specify text-align, text-shadow, text-decoration, text-transform and so on - up to CSS 2.1 - there is not - you use them individually.
    Yes, that is what I meant. I guess I'll have to just wait until CSS 3 or whatever... Awe well. I'd love that columned text thing to come into existance as well. One of these days...

  10. #10
    Brevity is greatly overrated brandaggio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead)
    Yes, that is what I meant. I guess I'll have to just wait until CSS 3 or whatever... Awe well. I'd love that columned text thing to come into existance as well. One of these days...
    I feel your pain - I guess I would just remind you how far we've come with CSS support and hope that dulls the pain a bit .

    I would also add that I am not that smart that I remember the whole CSS spec - not by a long shot, so I just keep an O'Reilly CSS Pocket Reference nearby in case I need any clarification - it is inexpensive and often further discounted at computer specific bookstores.

    At a glance there is nothing quicker or more accurate - and indispensible arrow in a CSS coder's quiver.

  11. #11
    Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Shaun(OfTheDead)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    3,746
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wozbk
    I feel your pain - I guess I would just remind you how far we've come with CSS support
    That's why I'm so happy about IE 7 (as much as people seem to dislike it). Can you imagine in about two or three years from now we can (hopefully) safely use .png's with alpha transparency, and we'd also have support for some more advanced CSS features...

    Web-design would be even more fun then... I have so many ideas for the kinda crap I would make... I can hardly wait.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •