SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm designing an ecommerce site right now and one problem that i'm having is integrating the shopping cart into the site seamlessly. I could accomplish something if i were to use frames and just loading the shopping cart within the child frame, but i don't want to use frames.

Is there something similar that I could do using tables? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

- Sam

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might try making a template of the index page with tables. Use the template for each page of your site with your main menu or layout in one portion of the table (this will remain the same on all pages) and insert individual content in the others. Once your main page is cached the other pages should load fairly quickly.

I've done this on my site and it seems to work well.

------------------
    GJC Design - Internet Marketing and Web Design

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that I didn't quite explain the shopping cart software that i'm using. I'm using virtualis and they have a shopping cart that is very different in appearance from the site that i'm designing. Furthermore, the cart will require that I leave the page and enter another site for it. What i would like to do is have the cart and all of it's elements come up within a large table cell like I would do using frames...is this possible? please tell me!!!!

could i use SSI? how?

- Sam

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try SSI by using the same link you do with your <A> tag now. You would probably have to use the EXEC command if your IPP hasn't disabled it. If not contact the customer support at Virtualis and ask them if they can help. I am guessing that this is a remotely hosted script.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    Internet Media Provider