SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Review www.12buzz.com

Any comments are appreciated. Honest opinions help me more. Personally I like the site and products. I have been told we need site navigation and a small description about what we do. I know it needs something just not to sure what

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the concept for the design and the colours but I haven't got a clue what it's for and after a quick scan I can find no menu, no title, no subject, links that just look like adverts and a suspiciously blank box in the centre. I'd probably leave after a couple of seconds at the moment.

I'm being harsh, but that's probably what is going through most minds when they get to the page. I think a title/tagline to go with the search box would be a great idea, as we all know people don't like to think.

The graphics banners look a bit pixilated around the text, could do with being a bit better quality. They also look like "ads", the problem with that being my mind (like am ny other peoples) is trained to ingore banner shaped bits on pages for obvious reasons. This also causes me to interpret what is under them as google ads or something similar and my mind automatically does its thing again! This may just me though.

I think some sort of menu would probably be handy to direct people to the other stuff you have, it makes people feel a bit more secure with a menu in front of them, to move around the site with.

I'm liking the silver/gray thing going on along with the reflection though, overall you're doing well, I think it just need a bit more polishing.

Couldn't leave without saying it - you might want to think about not using tables and you should try validating your site, there's one or two errors here and there.
    "Everything should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler" - Albert Einstein

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy C. Ankerstjerne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main issues with the page are:
    1) I'm not completely sure what the page is about. From what I can tell, it has to do with applications of various kinds, but I miss some introduction to the various products. I would never download an EXE-file without first having read something about what the product does.
    2) The search field is the most prominent, so first I thought that it was a site search. Try adding a small title, such as 'search the web'. You might also want to place it lower on the page, to add focus to your core products.
    3) Add more text - it'll make the site more search-engine friendly. Especially for the images, which has no ALT tags.
    4) Unless a link takes the user to another HTML-page, make sure that the user is aware what they click. That includes both the download and the e-mail links. I usually prefer to write the e-mail address, so that the user can copy-paste the e-mail address easily.
    Christian Ankerstjerne
    <p<strong<abbr/HTML/ 4 teh win</>
    <>In Soviet Russia, website codes you!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a pretty nice page, but these are (IMHO) the issues with it:
    - the logo is not sharp enough -- it doesn't give a good image to your website because it is such low quality

- what is it about? you should have a short paragraph right after the logo saying what the site is (I would switch the search box with a description paragraph and move the search box to the top-right hand corner.)

- Instead of having the links automatically download, I would have them take the user to a different page that describes what they are downloading more in depth, then let them download.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have already mentioned in your original post what needs to be done content-wise ( site navigation and overall description / purpose).

Visually, I would recommend breaking the center-aligned layout you have going to keep ones eyes actively moving. Your center aligned main content area is perfectly set in terms of width for easy reading. Try offsetting the header, search box, etc. to create more static-movement. The section with the ' BUZZ Virtual Computing' is a perfect example. It is balanced while drawing your eye across the whole area by not being too balanced. Do the same with the whole site.

Your colors are great. You just need to balance the page as a whole without so much rigidity.

Just a thought. Hope I didnt come across as an obscure freak.

Good job so far.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have limited release of its Virtual PC. Buzz Virtual Computing allows users to view their own files and applications from any computer. Operating on the Buzz Web Browser platform the system allows user to log on from any location and be at their desktop that runs directly off the Buzz servers as a Virtual PC.

The System integrates the Buzz Search Engine, IM, VoIP, IPTV and web browser into a 1 click function anytime on your Virtual PC.

This is really just the first step in developing a product capable of changing the face of computing at the global level, it impacts both software and hardware applications in the future

To do with Bare Metal Computing. The thing is how do you explain this on a website without too much boring writing. And make the site presentable and functional.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. Write that on the website.

On a personal note, though, there'll be frozen pigs in hell flyingon all three thursdays in a week before I'll upload my personal files to a webserver.
    Christian Ankerstjerne

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would stop you storing your files on a web server?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Privacy issues. I have no way to know who will get access to my data.
    Christian Ankerstjerne

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That concern has been taken into account but I will get a more detailed answer from the technical staff in the next few days. Any other comments about storing your files on a web server apart from privacy?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what I'm told about security, it wouldn't be good enough for me. There are several problems:
    1) Hackers
    2) Internal snooping
    3) Disgruntled employees revealing or deleting contents (this happened to EzBoard.com)
    4) Virusses
    5) Lack of control over the physical security of the site
    6) Lack of control over wheter deleted data is actually deleted

There are probably more concerns - this is just off the top of my head.
    Christian Ankerstjerne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buzzying,
    About your homepage:

Your logo area uses a lot of vertical space.

Search box uses a lot of space period.

Virtual PC OS - Ok, but that should be big, and Enroll Now should be under it smaller since it merely mirrors what the huge button says to its left.

Your five products - they need to be presented differently to make them stand out as 1) products and 2) separate - maybe css borders or something.

You're Virtual PC OS beta product won't be seen by spiders - it's only mentioned in an image.

I think you need a proper header that shows your logo and describes, (using a tag line) what you do.

You need a paragraph that goes into a bit more detail about who you are and what you offer - and don't forget the benefits of your products!

PM me if you want specific suggestions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a bit confused as to what you are promoting. 'Bare Metal Computing' - what's that?

Looks like you have some software that translates text into up to 11 languages but then there is the VoIP and kid safe web browser.

The site itself is simple and effective in its appearance - maybe some more content on the home page would be useful to explain what it is about.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to be reiterating whats others are saying, at first glance i ws not able to make out what the website was for. but later on I guessed that in most probability it is a social networking website.
    Hopefully, I have not guessed it wrong.

Sheetal Dadhwal
    www.minglenow.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everyone thats has given me some ideas

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should have the corporate-page as your home-page?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep - I'm going to have to agree with the above - I don't know what you do and the first button I clicked on "Buzz Virtual Computing" started a download. Woah!! What? I don't know what it is, what it does and I'm getting an .exe down!

Also the search box seems a bit wierd - what am I going to search for without the information.

The home page feels like a products and services page, and as the footer is so far off the bottom I had to look for it to find the corporate about us page. The corporate about us page is great, nice layout, more information - no complaints at all. Make this your home page, it's professional, clean and looks great.

Tim

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile I think you need a Killer Sales Letter and more.

It's clean. It loads fast. It has good art direction.

But the question is does it sell?

I know that you are selling some pretty good stuffs there.
    Stuffs that have their own niche markets.

But I think you should communicate more to your visitors,
    your Target Audience. I think your site will generate better
    sales, if you have killer sales letters for each product you sell.

For more info on how to improve your site, so it can sell more,
    you can download the free ebook called "Corey Rudl Internet
    Success Secrets Emerged" here:

http://networkmarketingwarrior.com/coreysecrets.zip

It's a compilation of Internet Marketing Articles written by the
    late Corey Rudl, one of the most successful Internet Marketers
    in history.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
    Rizky Nur Zamzamy

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To tell the truth, i wouldnt visit the site on a single basis. Numbers in the name that dont apear to be part of the name (numbers arent bad as part of a name ... like studio9.com) but to have numbers as part of the name just to be there, it feels like a scam site. Like all the template sites or worse, almost all of the TV infomercials use the numbers like that, and only tell you that address so you will go to it, and it knows which commerical sent you there...I know that doesnt apply to you, but thats the feel that your url has to me.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest phone company in Thailand is 12call. Obliviously the SAP Vice President of Engineering and Principal Architect does not agree with the problem with the url as he is joining Buzz. It is for the Asian market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No direct link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw the name with numbers at the front I immediately thought "this is going to be a churned out site with churned out content". I took a look at it and noticed three url links at the bottom all said the same thing "Download software" with no indication of what that software was. In spite of what you say about "the SAP Vice President of Engineering and Principal Architect " and other comments you make above there is no way I would touch this site with a bargepole. I wouldn't download anything from it and I wouldn't trust it with my data.
    You have a huge credibilty gap to fill.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice, but could do without the ad..