SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to find free mirrors so people can download .zip files off my site, HELP!!!!! if u know of a good site please link me..

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have legitimate downloads i.e. shareware or files you created and have a legal right to distribute then there are tons of places to host your stuff. Geocities, Angelfire, Tripod. There are also data vaults that give 20-30 megs of space for storage. Search for intranet or storage and I am sure some will come up. One such site is www.driveway.com.

If your looking to store illegal files like ripped .MP3's or Warez then you are on your own.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    Internet Media Provider

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, and they are legal. I just dont want the incredibly long upload times so i want the files comprsessed..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off those data storage sites are havens for warez, mp3's, and such. They don't seem to care.

If you want these to be downloads from a website then the data storage sites are not a viable solution since they cannot be downloaded from a link and usaully have bandwith limits per day.

You can use sites such as Anglefire, Geocities but they usually have bandwith restrictions and frown upon you using them for downloads only and not serving their pages with their advertisments. So one day you might go to your site and find that they have disconnected your account.

If anyone knows of any of these free sites that this can be done from let me know I would love to know.

------------------
    CoolResources.com -- Part of the W3Nation Network

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mirror your complete site at the free hosts then they can't say that you are using them just for downloads.

As for freely available download sites I don't think they exist because of the above mentioned bandwidth but I am sure if you do research you can find it. I use driveway.com to distribute software to my customers. I stay within bandwidth rules because only valid customers can get the software and they can only get the software available for them. I think 60 megabytes of space is more than sufficient for my needs.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    Internet Media Provider